🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Proposal status
Page options
smithsf
Community Member

Proposal status

Recently I bid $42 on a job that showed a range of $35 - $45. 

After several days the top bid dropped to $42.

Though I have not changed my bid and no hires are listed, it now shows a range of $35 - $35.  Does this mean that though I do not see any indication, my proposal was rejected?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Scott S wrote:

Though I have not changed my bid and no hires are listed, it now shows a range of $35 - $35.  Does this mean that though I do not see any indication, my proposal was rejected?

Yes, it means the client declined or archived your bid. Archived and declined bids no longer count in the applicant count or the range of prices.

If the client outright declines your proposal, your proposal (your end) moves into "archived proposals)

If the client "only" archives your proposal, it stays in your proposal list but you're more or less out of the game.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jendejournett
Community Member

Not neccessarily.   Honestly, if I don't get a response to a proproposal within 48 hours I consider it dead.   Not to say, a zombie proposal doesn't get picked up again....BUT i have found the ones that I have gotten have all been within them posting in 48 hours or less.  I think the jobs on this platform are people that want to hire someone right away. So, either they post out of frustration - then their crisis leaves and they don't hire.  OR they really need someone now and they hire almost immediately or quickly.   

So, drop a proposal and move on. I never go back and chase prices down...just not worth the time or the energy. Find something else to make a bid on.  

But bid early....almost as soon as it posts. 

Jennifer D wrote:

Not neccessarily.   Honestly, if I don't get a response to a proproposal within 48 hours I consider it dead.   Not to say, a zombie proposal doesn't get picked up again....BUT i have found the ones that I have gotten have all been within them posting in 48 hours or less.  I think the jobs on this platform are people that want to hire someone right away.

That's very field/niche dependent. A significant percentage of my Upwork clients have responded several days to weeks after the proposal and ultimately hired me.

I'm sure this varies by the type of job posted, but I've found that the best clients often take the longest, because they're taking time to think through what they want, not hire someone until they have their ducks in a row, etc. 

petra_r
Community Member

Scott S wrote:

Yes, it means the client declined or archived your bid. Archived and declined bids no longer count in the applicant count or the range of prices.

If the client outright declines your proposal, your proposal (your end) moves into "archived proposals)

If the client "only" archives your proposal, it stays in your proposal list but you're more or less out of the game.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members