cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Proposal time limit ?

harrycreates
Charalampos C Member Since: Oct 14, 2016
1 of 20

Should there be a time limit for the clients proposals? I mean some proposals are active for like 2 months.

I think if there was a limit of the proposals (at least for the lowbided) it would encourage clients to seek for

the right freelancer more actively and faster. 

I am saying this because some months you just end your proposals and most of them remain unanswered.

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
2 of 20
Maybe you're just a bad sellerer
vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
3 of 20

Hi Charalampos,

Job posts without any activity are removed after a certain period of time but we don't have any plans to introduce further limitations proposal or time-wise.

Untitled
rafaelzrt
Rafael T Member Since: May 17, 2016
4 of 20

I agree there must be a time limit.

Upwork says we get our Connects back if the job ends without any freelancer hired but that never occurs as the jobs remain there for months without any update or hire.

Some improvements are really needed here.

lysis10
Community Guru
5 of 20

So wat u propose they do to force people to buy something? You think hired thugs would be good? 

kat303
Community Guru
Kathy T Member Since: Jul 17, 2015
6 of 20

@Jennifer M wrote:

So wat u propose they do to force people to buy something? You think hired thugs would be good? 

Unless I missed it, no one is saying anything about forcing people to buy something. I agree with the OP. Jobs should automatically expire after 30 days. Perhaps after 30 days there should be an option for the client to extend the job 2 more weeks, but not beyond that. If the client is serious about hiring someone, they can certain post another job.

It would be nice to "de clutter" my proposal area of jobs that have been open for 2+ months just because the client looked at it once every 29 days.

lysis10
Community Guru
7 of 20

I have no idea when jobs expire, but I do have people get back to me much later. One time it was a few months, although I admit I was on my old rate and just was like meh.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
8 of 20

Hi Kathy,

I can confirm that jobs do expire after 30 days of inactivity.

~ Valeria
Upwork
kat303
Community Guru
Kathy T Member Since: Jul 17, 2015
9 of 20

@Valeria K wrote:

Hi Kathy,

I can confirm that jobs do expire after 30 days of inactivity.

The defining word here is Inactivity.

For example. I have a job I sent a proposal to. The job is still open and it was posted 2 months ago. Last time it was looked at, was 20 something days ago. Today, it show that the "activity" was 1 day ago. A client can look at/open their job just once in a 30 days time period and that will set the expiration date foward another 30 days. So, 20 something days from yesterday, this client, or any client can just open their job and the job will linger for another 30 days? I can have open jobs for months as long as a client looks at the job just once in the 30 days span time.?

tcalexdowns
Alex D Member Since: Feb 23, 2017
10 of 20
Seems simple, if a client does not long into their account and tend to the contract by the 25th of each month the contract is pulled. Freelancers get their connects back and the Client gets a black mark on their account letting us know how often they "forget" what they've posted. Clients that pull their contracts before the 25th do not get a black mark. The time frame for returning connects of Freelancers who moved on to the next phase of the contract and then are forgotten get their connects back after 2 weeks max with the option of giving a black mark against the Client for failure to follow through.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS