Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proposal time limit ?

bc94
Community Guru
Reem H Member Since: Feb 8, 2017
11 of 20

I completely agree!

buuut, that would mean people would be less likely to buy connects because they have some connects returned to them, which means less money for Upwork.

Just looking at your job post should not even count as "activity", 

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
12 of 20

@Reem H wrote:

buuut, that would mean people would be less likely to buy connects because they have some connects returned to them, which means less money for Upwork.

People who buy Connects are not really making "money"

People who are too busy working and making money to use the Connects they've got, let alone buy any more, are making money for Upwork.....

bc94
Community Guru
Reem H Member Since: Feb 8, 2017
13 of 20

@Petra R wrote:

@Reem H wrote:

People who buy Connects are not really making "money"

People who are too busy working and making money to use the Connects they've got, let alone buy any more, are making money for Upwork.....

true, but it's still some money coming in

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
14 of 20

@Reem H wrote:

I completely agree!

Just looking at your job post should not even count as "activity", 

Upwork hasn't built its business model around collecting $2 for an extra set of connects. What Upwork wants is for you to get good paying work and pay your percentage fees.

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
15 of 20

@Alex D wrote:
Seems simple, if a client does not long into their account and tend to the contract by the 25th of each month the contract is pulled.
That is exactly what happens, except that it's a rolling 30 days instead of a calendar month.
Freelancers get their connects back and the Client gets a black mark on their account letting us know how often they "forget" what they've posted.
That's exactly what happens--the client profile on the sidebar of a job posting shows the number of jobs posted and the number of hires.

atlinguist
Community Guru
Alexandra H Member Since: Jul 30, 2015
16 of 20

Yes, there should be a time limit because some clients seem to think it's a good idea to chat up potential wage slaves on the site and then ask for a (lower) bid off-site.

e.g. "hourly job" --> ..."fixed-price preferred" --> "Your price is higher than we can afford" --> "I am not so much concerned about your bid price, which is only slightly high than I was looking for" --> "send proposal by email to..."

You can't go round shops forever either; you have to leave when they close. Do something about time-wasters and let me get back to some serious work!!! 

vickey35
Pradip J Member Since: Sep 8, 2020
17 of 20
I had submitted four proposal, yet after four days i didn't see any update about that like is proposal accepted or decline! when will i see that means what is the time limit for proposal acceptance?
petra_r
Community Guru
18 of 20

Pradip J wrote:
I had submitted four proposal, yet after four days i didn't see any update about that like is proposal accepted or decline! when will i see that means what is the time limit for proposal acceptance?

There is no time limit (other than that the job post expires after 30 days of inactivity) and with most proposals there won't be any update. The proposal will simplly eventually move to your archived proposals-tab when the client hires someone else and/or the job post expires.

4 proposals is nothing, by the way, especially when you are new.

vickey35
Pradip J Member Since: Sep 8, 2020
19 of 20
Yes I'm new but they have given only 20 credits proposal of which i had already spend 16 credits for 4 proposal submission. so how i will get the credit so that i can apply for another application.
petra_r
Community Guru
20 of 20

Pradip J wrote:
i had already spend 16 credits for 4 proposal submission. so how i will get the credit so that i can apply for another application.

You won't.

If you need more connects, you have to buy them.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS