🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Proposal was declined
Page options
irieislandgirl
Community Member

Proposal was declined

I received this email today. What does this mean? I understand the declined part, but the other additional message is what I don't know.

Your proposal for (said proposal) was declined

Additional message from client

declined by system due to stuck offer

24 REPLIES 24
colettelewis
Community Member

Melinda M wrote:

I received this email today. What does this mean? I understand the declined part, but the other additional message is what I don't know.

Your proposal for (said proposal) was declined

Additional message from client

declined by system due to stuck offer

If this was due to an Upwork glitch, you should at least get your connects back, if you spent any. I have flagged your post. Perhaps a mod can explain. 

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Melinda,

Could you please send me a screenshot of the email and the job posting URL as well so that I can investigate it further? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

Sure. Here it is. 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Goran means you to send it to him via private message. The bots edited it here.

Would you please update the rest of us, once you learn what happened? Thx!

Melinda, just in case you're not aware of how to send Goran a PM (private message):

Click on his name in this thread.

Select message. 

Dear Upwork Powers,

What is this?

Screen Shot 2019-09-18 at 2.24.06 PM.png

Kat, I flagged your query.  Hopefully a mod will show up and enlighten all of us.

Hi Kat,

Could you please share more information about this message as I was not able to replicate it? 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Bojan S wrote:

Hi Kat,

Could you please share more information about this message as I was not able to replicate it? 

Thank you!

I have no more info Bojan. I just received the email. There was nothing enacted on my side. 

Yours is the second post I've seen about this today.

ETA: https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Proposal-was-declined/m-p/647720#M392010

I hope we hear something about this issue in public from Upwork. 

Thanks Phyllis! I was looking for that...

Hi Kat, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork

My profile was automatically set to private and one of my potential clients declined my proposal due to "declined by system due to stuck offer." 

Do you think it was because my profile was set to private and it did not allow him to do anything else? or just a weird reason to decline?

Becky, the "declined by system due to stuck offer" situation has occurred to a few people recently. It's been reported, but it appears that UW has not publicly addressed it. 

Mods-??? 

I feel relieved i'm not the only one but it should definitely be addressed by UW.

florydev
Community Member

Becky H wrote:

I feel relieved i'm not the only one but it should definitely be addressed by UW.

I set this post to notify a mod (although I suspect Pat did as well).

Also here is a link about others having the same issue:

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Proposal-was-declined/m-p/647949#M392162

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Becky,

Your profile visibility has been updated. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with the declined proposal issue.

Thank you for reaching out to us.

~ Bojan
Upwork
florydev
Community Member

Becky H wrote:

My profile was automatically set to private and one of my potential clients declined my proposal due to "declined by system due to stuck offer." 

Do you think it was because my profile was set to private and it did not allow him to do anything else? or just a weird reason to decline?

Your profile is visible to clients viewing it from a proposal.  All this does is prevent clients from sending you invites.  You can request that it be made public here on the community or on https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us.

I know how. I have been busy and haven't gotten to it yet. I will though.

Thank you.

Hi Melinda,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket shortly with more details about this, our team is double checking a few details. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Mods, posts such as Goran's and others in this thread do NOT answer the question of "Is this a temporary glitch that is being fixed poste haste or is it another infernal update that you've failed to alert people to"?

...We are waiting ...

Wendy C wrote:

Mods, posts such as Goran's and others in this thread do NOT answer the question of "Is this a temporary glitch that is being fixed poste haste or is it another infernal update that you've failed to alert people to"?

...We are waiting ...

Agreed!

Why is it always a "We'll update/create a ticket for you with more information" If 2 or more people are experiencing it, it's most likely an issue that others are being affected too and they maybe reaching out to support without even looking in the forum. It should be made public, not in a support ticket that only the affected users are notified. 

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi All, 

I appreciate your concern with the notifications you received about withdrawn proposals and just got a clarification from the team on what happened. 

The notifications are related to proposals (some of them are older proposals) where the corresponding offer was either withdrawn by the client or declined by the freelancer. Such proposals should display as ‘Declined’ by design, but some were not. 

As such, our team had to update the status of those previously declined proposals.  

The “Additional message from client” section wasn’t showing a message that correctly described what happened. We apologize for the confusion caused by that message and we’ll make sure to fix it in the future. 

It’s important to note that Upwork did not decline any proposal on your behalf. These were already either withdrawn from the client or declined by the freelancer.

~ Valeria
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members