Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proposals and how to captivate

Highlighted
Fattema O Member Since: Jun 28, 2018
1 of 4

Hello everyone,

I am new to Upwork and I have (so far) sent 10 proposals to potential clients with 6 still pending. I read on here that the best way to write a proposal it to make them customized and personal. No cut and paste nonsense.

I have followed that rule and have done my best to make my proposals as individualized as possible without sounding too casual.

I was wondering if anyone had any tips on what I could do to make my proposals more captivating? I have the experience for alot of the positions I am applying for and I'm also very confident in my work. I just would like to know what ways I can successfully convey that.

Thank you so much!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 4

You might not be doing anything wrong with your proposals.

You have only sent 10 proposals? That is not very many.

Looking at your profile, you have no portfolio. You have no Upwork work history. You appear to have no actual marketable skills. It is not clear who you are and what you have to offer clients.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
3 of 4

Most clients will not respond unless they are interested in hiring you. Look at the jobs that you have sent proposals for and see how many other freelancers have applied. That will give you some idea of the competition in your field. Also, evaluate whether the job resulted in a hire at all. Some clients post jobs and then choose not to hire anyone. 

Finally, go to the New to Upwork section of the forum and read all the posts there. By doing so, you will learn how to locate clients and prepare better proposals. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Kholleras I Member Since: Nov 24, 2015
4 of 4

Identify skills that are specific to the jobs you apply to and explain how you will apply those skills to get the job done. You have some generic skills ("soft skills") listed on your profile; those don't grab clients' attention.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS