cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proposals are still jacked.

Community Guru
Ronald T Member Since: Sep 14, 2009
21 of 34

Pandora, PH suggested in another post that Upwork should post when the problems in question are resolved. Considering how fragmented the threads on the topic have become, it is a good idea. As far as I can tell, the bidding process including proposais is working OK for me except to the "New Problem" I wrote about in an earlier post. However, I have not yet heard back from clients that I sent propsals to.

Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
22 of 34

@Ronald T wrote:

Pandora, PH suggested in another post that Upwork should post when the problems in question are resolved. Considering how fragmented the threads on the topic have become, it is a good idea. As far as I can tell, the bidding process including proposais is working OK for me except to the "New Problem" I wrote about in an earlier post. However, I have not yet heard back from clients that I sent propsals to.

Thanks Ron. I quickly browsed the other thread this morning  before bidding on two jobs.

I can say that both bids seem to have been posted sucessefully, though I don't expect to hear from the prospective clients quickly.

Not sure if I came across your "other" new problem yet, but good luck!

Community Guru
23 of 34

Pandora, the other NEW problem that I mentioned appears in the second post within this thread.

Ace Contributor
Rahul G Member Since: Feb 6, 2015
24 of 34

I was also wishing that I'll get some announcement from upwork, but now, I don't know.

I am also considering "not to apply". I was having messaging with one of my previous clients and he gave me an offer directly to me via Upwork (without any interview or anything) and I accepted. Smiley Happy Now, I am not thinking about upwork will announce "all clear" or not. I'll be just looking and reading this "Community Discussions".

I want to thank upwork that they are having this "Community Discussions" before having so many issues on their site.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
25 of 34

Yes, Petra... your profile is definitely hidden.

Have you tried CHANGING the visability setting to something that it isn't right now, saving that, logging out, logging back in, and then changing it to the most public-possible setting?

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
26 of 34

How very strange... It has always been set to "Upwork users only!"

@Preston H wrote:

Yes, Petra... your profile is definitely hidden.

Have you tried CHANGING the visability setting to something that it isn't right now, saving that, logging out, logging back in, and then changing it to the most public-possible setting?

Yes, look http://prntscr.com/86pc8z

Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
27 of 34

@Petra R wrote:
<Snip>

Yes, look http://prntscr.com/86pc8z

Petra, I just (Thursday, lunchtime) checked and I can view your profile just fine. Having said this, I have tried to see yours at least twice in the last couple of weeks, and both of those other times when I loaded your Community Page, the View Profile button was Gray, and did not work. Now, however, it's Green, and works.

I'd like to note I that I corrasponded with a very very new user from Elance earlier today, and I thought her's was private because her Commuity Page was showed the grey View Profile button.  I was able to find her via Freelancer search using her name. Oddly, she did tell me her Visibility was set to Upwork Users only.

In the past, I am not 100% that is a normal result (on the Community page), but I can't confirm that.

Community Guru
28 of 34

Hi Preston! Dumb question on my part: When members say proposals are "hidden," do they mean "hidden" as in the "hiddne" folders? Or, are they just missing, which is what I think is meant when someone says "hidden." Also, I don't recall if the "hidden" folders are no longer in use. Anyone know for sure?

Community Guru
Ian David John E Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
29 of 34

Upwork refund my connects for this month i have lost 8 connects due to your error!!!! Sorry its not good enough!!!!

Community Guru
Steve B Member Since: Jul 1, 2015
30 of 34

From my perspective, the core functionality of the Upwork platform - matching projects with freelancers - has been down for five days now. 

I posted proposals yesterday and today; all vanished. Another half dozen in the four days prior.

It really amazes me that there is zero communication from Upwork's senior management to those of us who are moving our livelihood to this platform.  It's been five full days now; that should N-E-V-E-R happen.  A day or two, ok once in a great while.  But five full days with no comment?

I'm relatively new to Upwork (6 weeks / 100 hours / 4 projects completed) but this is seriously shaking my confidence that I made a good decision to concentrate my project acquisition efforts here.  I was just becoming an enthusiast, now this.

If they would tell us what is going on and give us some visibility into the outlook, that would go a long ways.  "best efforts" isn't going to cut it after 5 days.  Crisis management 101!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS