🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Proposals best practices
Page options
443246c6
Community Member

Proposals best practices

Hello!

I have a basic question about best practices when submitting proposals for fixed price projects in graphic design. Should I include the full specifications of the services to be provided (scope, assumptions adopted, general terms and conditions, etc) in the cover letter, which would make it very large, or should I attach a complete proposal with reference to it in the cover letter? The idea when submitting a proposal is to give an overview and wait for client's return to advance in such details? In any case, how and when is the contract formalized with the terms and conditions actually adopted by the parties? Thanks for any help on this.

Eduardo Pardell

2 REPLIES 2
prestonhunter
Community Member

A job proposal is the beginning of a conversation.

It is not a contract.

Your goal is to demonstrate that you are the right person to be hired for the job.

Talk about the client and the client's project.

Don't talk about yourself. Don't provide a bunch of specs that may not even apply to the project. Your proposal doesn't need to be large. You don't need to spend a lot of time preparing it.

The following applies to me only, but in case it helps: If you are a graphic artist who applies to one of my jobs, I'm not going to read anything you write. I'm going to look at your portfolio.

Thank you very much Preston! As I am testing the waters and was not hired yet at UW, I was guessing what the protocol was and your answer cleared this out. I suppose that the platform provides a detailed agreement on later stages, after the client agress to contract you.

Best,

Eduardo

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths