🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Proposals expiring (30+ days) no connect ...
Page options
th4d
Community Member

Proposals expiring (30+ days) no connect refund, what gives?

what gives?

7 REPLIES 7
petra_r
Community Member

Thaddeus A wrote:

what gives?

That's how it works.

th4d
Community Member

Shouldnt expired jobs without accepting any proposals return connects to freelancers?

What would stop a swarm of clients posting jobs and letting them expire only for a massive amount of freelancers to waste connects?

petra_r
Community Member

Thaddeus A wrote:

Shouldnt expired jobs without accepting any proposals return connects to freelancers?

Why would they do that? 

Frankly, you need to think of connects as an investment, and consider them to be gone once you have sent the proposal. 

Thaddeus A wrote:

What would stop a swarm of clients posting jobs and letting them expire only for a massive amount of freelancers to waste connects?

In my opinion, it is highly unlikely that this is why job postings expire. What would motivate a client to take the time and post jobs with the sole purpose of enticing freelancers to apply so that they use their connects?

florydev
Community Member

Thaddeus A wrote:

what gives?

If you always got your connects back what was the point of them in the first place?

th4d
Community Member

"In my opinion, it is highly unlikely that this is why job postings expire. What would motivate a client to take the time and post jobs with the sole purpose of enticing freelancers to apply so that they use their connects?"

The world is a big place and upwork isnt the only place people find freelancers.

I wouldnt expect to get them back when a client hires someone, even though thats kind of bull**bleep** when most jobs already have 20+ proposals for it.

Problem is not getting them back when the client doesnt hire anyone, or in the jobs that clearly states that if not hired youll get your connects back.

I've never had any jobs give any connects back, ever.  Last one I applied to clearly stated that if I wasnt hired Id get the 4 connects back, reason I applied without givingf a second thought despite the high number of proposals, and I didnt get them back.

Another job I lost connects on is one that Upwork suspended without giving any reason for it, then the client ended the contract while in suspension.

Makes no sense to lose connects, something you pay for, without having any control or knowledge of whats going on.

petra_r
Community Member

Thaddeus A wrote:

Problem is not getting them back when the client doesnt hire anyone, or in the jobs that clearly states that if not hired youll get your connects back.

For those "special" jobs (wih the blue dot) you do get them back if the job times out without the client hiring anyone at all.

Thaddeus A wrote:

I've never had any jobs give any connects back, ever.  Last one I applied to clearly stated that if I wasnt hired Id get the 4 connects back, reason I applied without givingf a second thought despite the high number of proposals, and I didnt get them back.

Did the job time out after 30 days and the client hired nobody at all? It's not "Connects refunded if you don't get hired" - It's "Connects refunded if nobody is hired (at all)"

nobody hired.png

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members