cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proposals missing from my list of porposals

ghostresumes

Hi everyone. I'm new here and I'm pretty sure a) I've already been scammed out of work; and b) someone is trying to scam me (which I'm obviously not going to fall for - again).

In any event, here is my question: on the 2 previously mentioned "jobs" above, I submitted proposals. Neither of these 2 appear in my proposal list any more. One of the proposals was editing and proofreading for a wellknown telecomm company, so now I'm wondering if the job wasn't real at all.

Can anyone tell me what happened to my proposals? Or is that part of the scam?

Thanks,

Carey

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Guru

Did you check your archived proposals page?  They may have been declined, or, if Upwork has taken action against the client's job posting by removing it, it will say something with "inappropriate job posting" in the archive reason.

If UpWork has tekan action against the client?? What does that mean exactly? I guess someone else got scammed by the same clients?

@Carey H wrote:

If UpWork has tekan action against the client?? What does that mean exactly? I guess someone else got scammed by the same clients?

Upwork may take action against a proposal if it violates Terms of Use.

In any case, you shouldn't be doing work when you've only submitted a proposal. I'm not sure how you got "scammed out of work"?

You can see a great list of tips and warning signs in this thread: Tips to Avoid Questionable Jobs. The post was written by Lena, an Upwork community moderator.

You're not sure how I got scammed out of work? I'm a bright girl and I'm a bunch of other bright people have been scammed out of work. I am certainly not the first, nor will I be the last person who has been scammed. Let's just say i got fooled on my first bid/job, learned my lesson and will now be much more diligent in where I spend or waste my time.

-signed Imperfect Newbie

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS