🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Proposals not being viewed
Page options
f9090999
Community Member

Proposals not being viewed

Do you guys also experience a dry spell right now, or is it just me? Previously, whenever I applied for a project using my current profile, I always received a prompt response. My profile is well-written, and I include a video and documentation from my prior employment and case studies as well in proposals. The proposals are not even being looked at, even my JSS is 93%.
and have sound earning as well. 

This, in my opinion, is related to the boosting option that Upwork recently added. Even though i bid more than the other guys since this is what you have to do, Still i dont get invited. After five to six months, I started reapplying on Upwork because I had some decent clients to work for and this just started happening. In the previous two years, I've never experienced such a low reply rate. Never !

What's wrong here is unclear to me. Do you all experience this as well, or is it just me?

Also I wonder if it is happening with this profile , I wonder how newbies are going to go with this? 

PS: If you see anything wrong with my upwork profile, Please Please Please , Let me know about it. 

6 REPLIES 6
paywell
Community Member

People were blaming the new "boost proposal" functionality, and I didn't believe it.

I usually blame my non-American name or country, but recently I've been thinking - it might be a UI problem.

In order to confirm this, somebody would have to share how a screen with proposals looks like from the client's side.

How hard or easy is it to scroll to the next page? 

How many proposals are visible on each page?

Is it easy to navigate between 2-10 or 50 proposals, to keep track who you viewed?

That are key questions to answer, in order to tell you, what is at fault.

Because I track the "last viewed by client" statistic, and 9 out of 10 clients view the posting minutes or hours after I send a proposal, yet my profile doesn't get a view and the proposal isn't opened. 

Somebody said, that the whole proposal can be seen in the E-mail notification from Upwork, but I don't know if it's true.

f9090999
Community Member

That is the exact question I have, pal! I don't care if the client hires me or if I get an interview, but I don't think my proposal is ever even seen. Since this didn't happen before, and I've worked on Upwork for the past three years and know how to prepare proposals, I'm not sure what's going on these days.

8d3450b5
Community Member

Hi, I have a question for either of you. How can you tell if your proposal has been viewed? Maybe I've overlooked it.

Thanks!

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Yvonne, 

You can check this by going to your My Stats page (Find Work > My Stats) and viewing the Analytics section at the bottom of the page. Here's more information about this feature.

~ Avery
Upwork
spectralua
Community Member

Tayyab, your profile is good, i see no problems with.

How you can see clients feedback before leaved own?! For me in shown only after i left own, not before.

Pavlo, first lines of proposal shown as preview. Client not need to open it. For example my proposals 1-2 lines, so im dont worried about it not "opened". 

Yvonne, it is here. Select Proposals in Analytics

Thanks, Mykola, for the speedy reply, super helpful!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members