cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Proposals not getting any response

ushahzada
Usman S Member Since: Feb 22, 2015
11 of 22

Please check and review my profile too. I have 150 plus jobs/ratings on my upwork profile but recently I am not getting any response for the proposals I have submitted!

b152bf72
Laura S Member Since: May 27, 2020
12 of 22

Suvidha,

I am in the exact same position. I feel the need to scream on my profile: "Though I am new on Upwork, I'm not new to the work!" but am assuming that would be unprofessional (ha).

As suggested, I have submitted a few proposals, but the writers haven't even been online in over a week.

Do I just buy more connects? Do I wait? I'm grateful that this is my side gig. This would be devestating if this was my primary occupation.

Any thoughts, Gurus?

Thanks,

Laura Sebastian, M.Ed

1b1a5a34
Suvidha R Member Since: Mar 24, 2020
13 of 22

Hi Laura,

I can totally understand your plight. You won't believe I have written that (New to Upwork but experienced in the field) in a couple of my proposals. My profile also refers to it in a subtle way. I thought of adding it because I feel clients filter proposals only on the basis of the amount earned by the freelancer till now or basis the rating a freelancer has. If this is the usual case how will we fetch any work? a newcomer shall always remain a newcomer with this practice. 

Let us hope the Gods controlling Upwork answer our prayers and we are blessed with more work. Ha Ha!

Suvidha.

673c41c8
Bhupender Y Member Since: Jul 18, 2020
14 of 22

Just Keep Your Rates Low Initially. I Guess You'll Get Some Success If You Charge A Bit Lot. 

kinector
Community Guru
Mikko R Member Since: Dec 26, 2015
15 of 22
Have you checked what you're up against?

Generic editing and proofreading is one of the most competitive domains on this platform.

It would probably be better to focus on some narrower niche to improve your chances.
fc47f16a
Jaswita K Member Since: Apr 29, 2021
16 of 22
I have submitted 1 proposal yesterday but I didn't receive any reply and today I tried but I didn't receive reply pls check the problem.
Thank yoi
andregutierrez22
Andrea G Moderator Member Since: Jul 7, 2020
17 of 22

Hi Jaswita,

Submitting proposals doesn't always guarantee that you will get hired or get a chance to be interviewed, but you shouldn't give up on sending proposals to potential clients. You may check our Resources and find some excellent topics there.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
filippalex
Alex F Member Since: Feb 15, 2021
18 of 22
Hi. Could you please see my profile because I'm not getting any response to proposals and I don't have any idea why.
andregutierrez22
Andrea G Moderator Member Since: Jul 7, 2020
19 of 22

Hi Alex,

I've pulled a few resources that may be helpful to you. Check out these articles
to help you create a profile that stands out and improve your profile title and overview. For some great tips on writing proposals that win jobs, check out this article.

~Andrea
Upwork
sazzadhossain78
md.Sazzad H Member Since: Dec 11, 2019
20 of 22

hi I have sent  minimum 100 proposal . but I get not response why? can you check my profile? please give me some advice .

thank  you

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS