🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Proposals not getting any response
Page options
vicky_kaushal
Community Member

Proposals not getting any response

Hi

I have submitted hundreds of proposals and spent lots of connects yet I didn't get any response.  I have a well-reputed profile since my profile is visited only 18 times in the last 90 days. It's really very frustrating.  I have tried everything but nothing happen. Daily I've spent 12-15 hours on Upwork to get hired but failed.  I totally depended on Upwork but for the last 3 months, there's been no income. it's very hard to survive.

Kindly help.

Kamlesh

5 REPLIES 5
759e32fa

Hi Kamlesh,

I  understand how you feel. It may be discouraging when you're getting fewer responses to your proposals now. A lot of factors come into play such as the demand for the field you're in. With more and more freelancers signing up, the competition gets tougher. But I suggest that you check your profile and update your skills, tweak your title, make use of Project Catalog, and of course, apply for jobs. The more you send proposals, the more you increase the chance of getting a reply from a client.

You may also want to consider upskilling and learning new skills to increase your marketability. Competition is getting tough not only in Upwork but also on other platforms, especially since most people nowadays opt to work remotely. One possible reason might be also the fewer demands for jobs that fall under your selected skill set. You can also revisit the skills you have selected in your profile, only if applicable.

We also highly encourage you to continue to work to become a Top Rated Plus Freelancer. Having this badge in your profile will increase your invite and hire rate.

Here are some helpful articles that you may find useful:
•  9 Tips to Help You Create a Freelancer Profile That Stands Out | Upwork
• 15 Ways to Grow Your Freelance Business

I hope this helps.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Annie Jane B

I did the same but still, it's doesn't work.

Thank You!

deepaksharma69
Community Member

I would suggest, You should check all the submitted proposoals and try to analyze. Did the clients hired someone or not for the particular job post?

Hi Deepak,

Yes, I checked daily submitted proposals, client interviewing, and hired other freelancers. Mostly I submit a proposal within 5 minutes after a job posting using Boost but I think the client doesn't open my proposal or my profile.

Thank You!

27976d7e
Community Member

I'm did get a small burst of invites, replies and a job interviews, but now I am not getting anything at all.. I don't know if I have switched something off by mistake or what? I have more feedback than I did when I first stared, but even less interviews. Again some really easy jobs, but the UpWork robot thinks otherwise. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members