🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Proposals not viewed
Page options
0a224843
Community Member

Proposals not viewed

Hello,

I'm feeling a bit discouraged and frustrated because I sent 23 proposals over the last 10 days, and only one of them was viewed. Before this streak, I had sent 11 proposals and 7 of them were viewed with one leading to me getting hired.

I was so excited when I started using my connects but now, they are almost gone. It's like I blinked and all of them were used up! Can someone help me figure out what happened? Was it something I did wrong or is there another explanation? If anyone has any ideas, please let me know - I'd really appreciate the help.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
sajal36
Community Member

I believe what you mentioned is correct. However, that must not stop you from putting across the strategy or figuring out one to fix the same. Say did you looked at the Data for the post for which you submitted the proposal. I look for job post < 15 proposal as I do not prefer to boost the proposal. Putting across the customize proposal, putting across your required skills and other required details.

I also glance through at various factors - like payment verfied, job history, client feedback and others before submitting the proposal. Some jobs post are repetitive and I keep an eye to be clear to not apply to those jobs. 

After following above principle, I get some jobs in a week to apply and I get the 30-35% proposal view score.  However scenario being tough sometime jobs go on hold or other reason so that matter of luck.

Most important - I ensure that I keep a regular follow up with my previous clients in case something come up from their side. I suggest you must try to some analytics to visualize your success score on getting the proposal and judiciuosly use your connects to apply for job. Please note - You must do analysis of your data to arrive at the right strategy for you.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
williamtcooper
Community Member

Hey Rohit, in my experience 50 to 75% of proposals are viewed if your cover letter is great and are applying for the most appropriate Jobs. Is your cover letter top notch? Have a great day!

How do you suppose clients know whether your cover letter is "top notch" before they open it? 

They flip the coin to make the decision. 😀

efbce048
Community Member

As I understand it here on the upwork, if you copy and paste the text of the cover letter, then the upwork may not show your application to the client.
for me it was a discovery and the last day I write cover letters individually. But keep in mind that so far nothing has been found.)))

sajal36
Community Member

Do you have a proof for the statement you made? If upwork is restricting proposal dispaly through connects to client whatever scenario than it is unethical and wrong.

I believe what you quoted is incorrect unless you showcase the data supporting your statement.

08d8fa6b
Community Member

Do the cover the best you can and it will work

sajal36
Community Member

I believe what you mentioned is correct. However, that must not stop you from putting across the strategy or figuring out one to fix the same. Say did you looked at the Data for the post for which you submitted the proposal. I look for job post < 15 proposal as I do not prefer to boost the proposal. Putting across the customize proposal, putting across your required skills and other required details.

I also glance through at various factors - like payment verfied, job history, client feedback and others before submitting the proposal. Some jobs post are repetitive and I keep an eye to be clear to not apply to those jobs. 

After following above principle, I get some jobs in a week to apply and I get the 30-35% proposal view score.  However scenario being tough sometime jobs go on hold or other reason so that matter of luck.

Most important - I ensure that I keep a regular follow up with my previous clients in case something come up from their side. I suggest you must try to some analytics to visualize your success score on getting the proposal and judiciuosly use your connects to apply for job. Please note - You must do analysis of your data to arrive at the right strategy for you.

0a224843
Community Member

Yes, you are correct; a strategy is required. I used roughly 150 connects after finishing my first job in january, and after a month, I got my second job. I am finally getting regular work after finishing my second job in February. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths