🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Proposals sitting there - Clients not replyin...
Page options
audeco
Community Member

Proposals sitting there - Clients not replying

Hi all,

So, I was wondering: is there a way to contact people you've sent a proposal to, but who (after days) still haven't sent you an answer (be it negative or positive)? And it's not like they gave up because you can see that they often check their job offer. 

What's with people not being able to click twice to reject a proposal instead of leaving it open like that, if you're not interested in the freelancer? Because now, I don't know if I should withdraw it or not (you know...hope and all that jazz).

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
hglewis
Community Member

Hello Aude.

Aude C wrote:

Hi all,

So, I was wondering: is there a way to contact people you've sent a proposal to, but who (after days) still haven't sent you an answer (be it negative or positive)? And it's not like they gave up because you can see that they often check their job offer. 

What's with people not being able to click twice to reject a proposal instead of leaving it open like that, if you're not interested in the freelancer? Because now, I don't know if I should withdraw it or not (you know...hope and all that jazz).

No there is not. 

Why withdraw? The client might be busy on their end and hasn't returned.

Just leave it and move on.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
hglewis
Community Member

Hello Aude.

Aude C wrote:

Hi all,

No there is not. 

Why withdraw? The client might be busy on their end and hasn't returned.

Just leave it and move on.

Submit proposal and forget about it.

That job is not part of my life until I actually hear from the client.

audeco
Community Member

Ah, shame...

However, like I said: I'm talking about those cases where you can see that the client often comes back to check on their offer. So the "too busy" excuse doesn't hold.

Thank you for your answer though 🙂

hglewis
Community Member

Hello Aude.

Aude C wrote:

Ah, shame...

However, like I said: I'm talking about those cases where you can see that the client often comes back to check on their offer. So the "too busy" excuse doesn't hold.

Technically, what you see is no indication that they are looking at proposals.

It could be that UW updated the status of that page.

It could be that the client takes their time fully reviewing proposals.

It could be that the client has an assistant or a partner that must also review the proposals.

So, yes, they could be busy and has a process they follow when vetting freelancers.

And yes, it is frustrating when it appears our proposal is sitting in UW limbo.

a_lipsey
Community Member

Aude C wrote:

Ah, shame...

Leave it be. I have clients come back more than a month after submission and hire me. Move on until they come back to you. Don't withdraw because it serves no purpose. You don't get connects back, and if the client is taking their time, it eliminates your chances of getting hired. 

hglewis
Community Member

Aude, really consider what Amanda points out.

I put a proposal in with a client back in April and forgot about it. 

The last week of June, they reached out and hired me.

When the project ends, it will be either late Sept or early Oct.

Had I pulled my proposal, I would have missed a golden opportunity.

audeco
Community Member

Thanks for all the answers, guys!!

tlbp
Community Member

Aude C wrote:

Ah, shame...

I think the most logical answer to your specific question is that the client didn't bother to look at your proposal, or they did look at it, don't plan to hire you and aren't going to bother to send you a

rejection. 

That is the reality of sending proposals on a freelance platform. It is also the reason most of us send a forget. There's nothing to be  gained by monitoring a prospective clients activity and trying to read meaning into it. 

roberty1y
Community Member

With 50 or more proposals for many jobs, the client might need to post a new job: Responder to Proposals. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members