cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proposals withdrawn after my account was reinstated

Highlighted
Melissa D Member Since: Nov 25, 2015
1 of 4

My account was temporarily suspended today due to my mistakenly violating a payment policy, a few hours later it was resolved and reinstated. SUddely, all of my proposals were archived and the reason said withdrawn by me. Also, I had 4 active candidacies which I was interviewing for which are now gone and withdrawn as well. I am very upset. I have 98% job success, excelled feedback and never had any violations before. I don't understand why all of my proposals were withdrawn over a "temporary suspension". Those were potential jobs and now those clients think I withdrew my bid. I have a ticket in but it is taking forever for them to reply. Every minute that goes by is time that I could be awarded those jobs as well as the clinets I've interviewed with who now cannot award the job to me because it shows withdrawn. I have spent a TON of money purchasing connects and it kills me to think that's money down the drain, as well as paying fees working on this website. I need to know how I can get this resolved immediately and change all my proposals from withdrawn to active again. Freelaners should not be punished by taking away proposals which lead to work. I paid for those proposals. This is unfair. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
2 of 4

When YOU make a mistake here is can be costly. Read the terms of service so it never happens again.

Highlighted
Melissa D Member Since: Nov 25, 2015
3 of 4

It has cost me dearly. I've spend so much money buying extra connects and now ALL of those proposals are withdrawn. I cannot believe how much money Upwork has made off of me and I made one mistake and all that money is down the drain. I had 4 active interviews and now those are gone as well and to re-apply I'd be using more connects = more money. It just seems like a very unfair punishment to freelancers espeically when we have paid for those connects. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4 of 4

With the more serious suspensions all applications and candidacies end automatically. If you were top rated that's also gone for 3 months.

There is no point waiting for Support, they can't manually reinstate your applications so yes, you have to apply again.

If your suspension was unjust or wrong they may give you a few free Connects, if it was correct you'll be out of luck.

If you constantly have to buy extra Connects maybe you want to rethink your bidding strategy

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS