🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Propose new contract
Page options
jonathan-velasco
Community Member

Propose new contract

Hello.

I'm working on a project and the client forgot to divide it into 2 milestones. Seems like he doesn't have any option to edit it and on my side, I can't see any option rather than adding milestones (not dividing the only one we already have) or proposing a new contract.

Would canceling the current one, proposing a new contract with the proper milestones would affect in any way both parts? any feeds for canceling a contract? It's also important to mention it's my first time working with this specific client. Not sure if I would be able to propose a new contract to him.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jonathan,

You can share this help article with your client. For the first milestone, they can release less than the full amount if you agreed so and use the rest of funds from Escrow to fund the next milestone for the same contract.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jonathan,

You can share this help article with your client. For the first milestone, they can release less than the full amount if you agreed so and use the rest of funds from Escrow to fund the next milestone for the same contract.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thank you, Bojan!

prestonhunter
Community Member

I have personally worked with clients who have found setting up new milestones complicated or confusing. In the Forum, I have read about such many times.

I think that it is fine to close a fixed-price contract after just one milestone and create a new single-milestone contract.

It doesn't cost a client any more to do that.

As a freelancer, I don't find it to be a problem at all. I personally prefer a sequential series of single-milestone contracts over a single multi-milestone contract.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members