🐈 Community
mahmoud_maha

Proposing New Contract

Hello everyone, last week I ended a contract with an unresponsive client. I finished my work and submitted it for payment, but she didn't pay. After I ended the contract she contacted me saying that she is new to upwork and didn't know why I wasn't paid. Anyway, she wants to continue working with me and we agreed on everything. Now I can't propose a new contract because I ended it. Can she send me a new contract?  

3 REPLIES 3
joanbonjoc

Hi Maram,

Your client may create a new contract with new terms. We encourage freelancers and clients to communicate professionally and extensively, discuss all the terms, deadlines and details before the offer is ever made and accepted. 

If the contract is ended, both you and your client will have the opportunity to provide feedback during the 14-day review period. Your Job Success Score won't be affected negatively if you as a freelancer close your contracts, unless there's a pattern of contracts with no feedback

~ Jo-An

Untitled

@Jo-An B wrote:Your Job Success Score won't be affected negatively if you as a freelancer close your contracts, unless there's a pattern of contracts with no feedback

This is not quite correct. She ended the contract before requesting the funds so the money in Escrow went back to the client and created a "nothing paid" contract.

The client should be instructed to pay what she is due as a bonus on the ended contract.

If the client wants to work with the OP in future they can create new contract but the payment due under the original contract should be paid under the original contract.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Maram,

I`m sorry about the confusion.

Your client can open a new contract with you at any time or send the funds as a bonus. If your client needs help, please send me a PM(click on my name) with their name and our team will reach out to he/she directly and assist them further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Learning Paths