🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Prospective clients sending out invites witho...
Page options
coachcohen
Community Member

Prospective clients sending out invites without viewing profile (and rates) first

I recently asked a client who invited me to a job if they had a chance to view my profile and hourly rate. I quickly received the following reply: "Just read it. I am no longer interested. Thank you."

It seems clients send out invites but do not bother to look at our profiles first. Even though the rate is visible without viewing a freelancer's profile, clients (especially those who are new to the platform) seem to ignore the hourly rate.

Has anyone else noticed this happening more lately? Has Upwork considered modifying the functionality so that invites are only possible after viewing a freelancer's profile?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
a_lipsey
Community Member

Aaron C wrote:

I recently asked a client who invited me to a job if they had a chance to view my profile and hourly rate. I quickly received the following reply: "Just read it. I am no longer interested. Thank you."

It seems clients send out invites but do not bother to look at our profiles first. Even though the rate is visible without viewing a freelancer's profile, clients (especially those who are new to the platform) seem to ignore the hourly rate.

Has anyone else noticed this happening more lately? Has Upwork considered modifying the functionality so that invites are only possible after viewing a freelancer's profile?

While I totally get your frustration, I often get clients who did not realize I was so expensive but after talking to me are willing to pay my rate. So I wouldn't be pleased with forcing them to look at my profile before inviting me.   I'd say this is one of the minor annoyances we just have to put up with. Smart clients will look before they invite you. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
a_lipsey
Community Member

Aaron C wrote:

While I totally get your frustration, I often get clients who did not realize I was so expensive but after talking to me are willing to pay my rate. So I wouldn't be pleased with forcing them to look at my profile before inviting me.   I'd say this is one of the minor annoyances we just have to put up with. Smart clients will look before they invite you. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members