🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Provide a way to allow freelancers to hide th...
Page options
4ce7d4cf
Community Member

Provide a way to allow freelancers to hide their location

I'm a new user here, but I do not like sharing my personal location online, period. It really annoys me that I have to show it in order to use this site's services, especially since I'm providing a service that can be done completely remote and online. I understand that you want people to find others that are close, but those who would want to hire my specific skills are very spread thin.

2 REPLIES 2
elisa_b
Community Member

If you don't want to share your location, nor a profile picture representing your actual identity, you might as well consider not to use Upwork at all... Those are the rules.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

No, finding people that are close is not the reason for having to state your location. People from 180 countries use upwork, and most of them don't care where the client or the freelancer is. 

You need to prove to upwork who you are if you want to use it - your location ties to VAT and other taxes that might be applied, your bank account ties to the country you live in, etc. 

It is entirely up to you if you want to use upwork, but if you do, you need to play by their rules. Including a real picture of yourself. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members