🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Provide documents for VAT validation
Page options
irina_vkl
Community Member

Provide documents for VAT validation

Hello, 

I am registered as an interpreneur in The Netherlands and have an VAT number, but its not getting validated, because its registered on a company name in VIES website, not my personal name.

How I can provide you with a document showing I own the business for VAT to be approved?

I have the document, but do not know how should I provide it. There is no such an option as submit the document in my VAT tax settings and without it it just getting declined.

Hope for your help. Thank you. 

7 REPLIES 7
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Irina,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your VAT number. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello,

I have the same problem. Can you please tell me how to provide the documents?

Thanks

Hi Daniele,

Could you please check if the VIES website is able to validate your VAT number? If so, please add your VAT number in the same exact format that VIES is able to validate it.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thanks for the reply Bojan!

Yes, I'm in the VIES register and that tool said my VAT is valid. Unfortunatly on my UpWork dashboard it says "not approved".

I read that in case of EU-VAT I have to provide the documents.

You can check it if you want: 02617900697 (Italy).

Thanks again

Thank you for following up, Daniele.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with adding your VAT number. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
cc9ca744
Community Member

Can you please also kindly help me with that? My VAT also pass the VIES VAT number validation, but it's been rejected.

Hi Samuel,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members