🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Providing contact details
Page options
a78d9a4d
Community Member

Providing contact details

My previous 2 clients requested for telegram and whatsap link after hiring so we can communucate through the channel.

Is this against TOS, its after hiring and completing first job and we are planning for second task.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
759e32fa

Hi Duncan,

Thank you for reaching out. Once a contract has started, you and the client have the freedom to use other platforms to communicate. You may check this article to see how you can keep yourself safe while working on Upwork.

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
759e32fa

Hi Duncan,

Thank you for reaching out. Once a contract has started, you and the client have the freedom to use other platforms to communicate. You may check this article to see how you can keep yourself safe while working on Upwork.

~ AJ
Upwork

Thank you for the reply, this is helpful and appreciated.

Hello, trusting you are doing well.

Lastly i was very grateful with the platform and it have continued to actively help making more client base.

Unfortunately, i was suspended and with no open explanation and of now i have been granted access and requested to verify.

My worry is the bank statement for my bank lacks billing address, and My government ID doesn’t  have an expiry date which i just approximated.

Can you please help here as i wait for the support ticket result please, also noticed a colleague from my country had same problem but didn’t  get solution from that thread.

Please i need to get back to contracts that are pending and scared to lose my account that I am working hard and being in the right path on TOS. 

Thanks.

Hi Duncan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you are already in correspondence with our team on your support ticketPlease allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

Additionally, feel free to check out this help article for the list of acceptable documents for the verification.

~ Nikola
Upwork
a78d9a4d
Community Member

Okay, should i stop the hourly contract was supposed to start today 15.10.2022, i am even don't  know what to do, i am supposed to work on 2 projects so far.

ArjayM
Community Member

Hi Duncan,

I can see that you've been communicating with the team to resolve this issue. Please note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up and assist you further. Don't hesitate to update the ticket here if you have questions.

~ Arjay
Upwork
a78d9a4d
Community Member

Please anyone help, i sent the verification documents and the ticket is open no reply.

My concern is i am trying to create a client base and recently have 3 active contracts that i had before suspension and asked to provide verification details.

My account is genuine which i find the delay will affect the contract of which some are previous clients contract.

Please anyone, i need to embark on the contracts.

I know i can get help here.

Hi Duncan,

I’m sorry but I won’t be able to assist you here further. Your ticket is assigned to the correct team, and they should be able to help you with your concern. I would recommend adding these to the same ticket thread so that the team has the correct information to assist you more efficiently. Please don’t hesitate to update the same ticket thread if you have further questions or concerns. 

~ AJ
Upwork

Okay, i will patiently wait for soonest action on the ticket.

I have waited an no response yet, i had verified before and suspended requested to reverify.

Already gotten jobs so not dormant account, i have to even work on contracts while suspended else i'm seeing contracts being withdrawn by client if not attended to.

Screenshot_20221016-082427_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20221016-082541_Chrome.jpg

Currently, i struggled created an account and won a job, i am verified and gives my details well and got verified. That was a win win for both upwork and me as when winning the job we both benefit from that.

From no jss to 76% and now to 82% 🙏 JSS with no troubles with upwork, canceling jobs i find breaking TOS, turning down clients who offer outside payment and asking them to do the right thing on the platform. Here i am 4 days can't send a proporsal, clients paused my contract till suspension is lifted.😪

Now this is my nightmare with upwork;

please this is not fair, there are ways to solve this. Sworn affidavits to confirm my proof of address or even one on one interview. I need to get back to sending proporsals normally and feel free with the account.😪😪

Or maybe will i be able to withdraw the payment i have worked so hard for if not possible to get reinstated by the process put in place. 

Screenshot_20221018-043708_Freelancer - Upwork.jpg

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members