🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Providing email for non-disclosure agreement,...
Page options
katrina-lane
Community Member

Providing email for non-disclosure agreement, ok or not?

Hi! A client recently asked me to sign a NDA for which they requested i provide my email to send it to me directly. Not sure why they can't just send it via the platform, is this normal and allowed in the Upwork rules?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
data_divas
Community Member

Since you already have a contract on Upwork you can send them your email so they can send you the Docusign NDA.  I had this exact situation not too long ago. 🙂

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
pgiambalvo
Community Member

It does viloate the rules about communication having to go through UW until after a contract is set up. Just tell the client this and there's no reason they shouldn't be able to send the NDA through UW.

Awesome, thanks for this! So they have already sent me the contract (which I have accepted). And after asking them about sending the NDA via UW they said it’s via docusign and must go to an email. Does the pre-accepted contract mean it’s ok to share my email now?

Peter G wrote:

It does viloate the rules about communication having to go through UW until after a contract is set up.

It does not violate anything o provide an email address with the sole purpose of accessing a place to scope the work or docusign, This situation isn't about providing an email address with the purpose of communicating via email.

Peter G wrote:

there's no reason they shouldn't be able to send the NDA through UW.

You can't send docusign through Upwork.

data_divas
Community Member

Since you already have a contract on Upwork you can send them your email so they can send you the Docusign NDA.  I had this exact situation not too long ago. 🙂

Thanks Julie! Appreicate the info.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members