🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Public comment on projects
Page options
jobbe314
Community Member

Public comment on projects

Hi everybody, it's Edo here.

Too often i read (in my field -audio productions-), of projects with absurd demands in terms of amount of work with ridiculous budgets, something like working for 3-4 days for 30 usd which totally insane regardless of one's nationality or culture; so now my question is:

why can't i publicly comment on a new client project like? They need to know that the requests like these are totally ridiculous, too often i'd like to tell them that it is not correct but i can't. We (freelancers) deserve more respect.

All customers who post low-cost projects with absurd requests, want to exploit all those who are willing to work even for very little and it is not correct for both them and those who do not want to work under ridiculous conditions. I ask Upwork to give us the opportunity to comment en masse on projects of this type in order to "re-educate" this type of client to respect our time, they must understand that certain requests are senseless.

I hope to find freelancers who think like me and who support this request.

Cheers 👍

Edo

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Edoardo N wrote:

I ask Upwork to give us the opportunity to comment en masse on projects of this type in order to "re-educate" this type of client to respect our time, they must understand that certain requests are senseless.

You are free to apply and make your feelings known in your proposal, using connects. (This option is also called "Put your money where your mouth is!")

Alternatively, you may mind your own business (meaning= you concentrate on the jobs that do suit you and not those who suit someone else) and simply scroll past job posts that you don't like, or bid your own price.

The purpose of freelancers is not to "re-educate" clients.

Putting aside the other issues - it'd be wide open to abuse. 

It's a no from me. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members