Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public "Private" Feedback?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jessica S Member Since: Dec 4, 2015
1 of 13

Attached is a screenshot of feedback from a closed contract. It shows no stars and only a statement that says "private feedback". Under what circumstances might this appear? From what I understand, if a top-rated freelancer uses the feedback removal perk, the profile is left with the comment, "This feedback has been removed".  Has it been changed? if not, who gets to leave private feedback with no star rating?  I have seen this on multiple freelancers' profiles (this is not from my profile).  Screen Shot 2019-01-03 at 3.04.15 PM.png

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 13

Hi Jessica,

Could you please send me a link to one of these profiles in a private message? I'll check and clarify.

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
3 of 13

@Valeria K wrote:

Hi Jessica,

Could you please send me a link to one of these profiles in a private message? I'll check and clarify.

Thanks!

Sent... thanks! 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4 of 13

I keep seeing those too.

Have been for months now!

Highlighted
5 of 13

Jessica,

I checked and in those cases the clients' feedback was removed at the request of the clients. Users have that option and we've discussed it before on this thread. Please, see my reply on that thread:

@Valeria K. wrote:

Hi All

Public feedback can be removed at the request of the person who left feedback. Since feedback is an opinion based on their experience, if they feel the feedback is no longer accurate it can be removed - but not changed.  Please, note that private feedback can't be removed or changed by customer support and the effect these contracts have on your JSS can't be changed.

~ Valeria

ETA: I'm further investigating why it shows as Private.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
6 of 13

@Valeria K wrote:

Jessica,

I checked and in those cases the clients' feedback was removed at the request of the clients. Users have that option and we've discussed it before on this thread. Please, see my reply on that thread:

@Valeria K. wrote:

Hi All

Public feedback can be removed at the request of the person who left feedback. Since feedback is an opinion based on their experience, if they feel the feedback is no longer accurate it can be removed - but not changed.  Please, note that private feedback can't be removed or changed by customer support and the effect these contracts have on your JSS can't be changed.

~ Valeria

ETA: I'm further investigating why it shows as Private.

Thanks! Seems odd as I have been around over 3 years and just am seeing them now and never in the past.  To be honest, labeling the job “private job” with “private feedback” seems like more of an appropriate action for a freelancer using their feedback removal perk as it’s supposed to be a “perk” and stating, “this feedback has been removed” has a negative connotation. Seems THAT wording would be more appropriate to place in there when a client actually removes their feedback and “private feedback” would be more appropriate for feedback removal perk? 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
7 of 13

The effect of the feedback is not removed when a client or freelancer asks for their written feedback to be made private. When a freelancer uses their perk, the effect of the feedback as well as the text is removed. Besides, the perk can only be used once every 10 contracts, how damaging could a single statement that feedback has been removed really be? 

Highlighted
8 of 13

Jessica,

I further reviewed the profiles you sent and jobs where the client decided to remove their feedback do show as No Feedback given, not Private. That was my mistake and I apologize for the confusion. I've reached out to the team for further clarification on jobs that show as private and will follow up here once I have more information.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
9 of 13

@Valeria K wrote:

Jessica,

I further reviewed the profiles you sent and jobs where the client decided to remove their feedback do show as No Feedback given, not Private. That was my mistake and I apologize for the confusion. I've reached out to the team for further clarification on jobs that show as private and will follow up here once I have more information.

yes, thanks! I had just remembered that when clients remove feedback it does go back to "no feedback given" as I remembered that from the discussion on that topic.  So the reason these are  "private jobs" with "private feedback" is still a mystery..... Please let us know what you find out.

Highlighted
Community Guru
10 of 13

@Valeria K wrote:

Jessica,

Hi Valeria

Anything on this? 

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS