🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Purchased upwork accounts.
Page options
hoyle_editing
Community Member

Purchased upwork accounts.

Just seen a post from someone claiming to have purchased a full Upwork acount that had already been through the verification process.

I was in the middle of typeing reply when the post was removed. I have no idea if it was removed by a mod (and if so hopefully the account to) or by the person posting as he realised the stupidity of the post!

Anyway, thought i would bring attention to it here in case the mods were not the ones that removed it.

12 REPLIES 12
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

I flagged the profile as inappropriate before the thread got wiped; I'm sure others did too. It's always useful when scammers come into the forum to make full confessions.

Smiley LOL I couldnt believe the stupidity in what i was reading! 

Certainly went quick that to! hopefully the profile has gone just as quick.

Jonathan H wrote:

Smiley LOL I couldnt believe the stupidity in what i was reading! 

Certainly went quick that to! hopefully the profile has gone just as quick.

The Internet is really not sending its best. Upwork is flypaper for very dumb people. The Upwork reddit group gets some dooozies too.

not sure i could handle another group of the same haha!

petra_r
Community Member

Jonathan H wrote:

Just seen a post from someone claiming to have purchased a full Upwork acount that had already been through the verification process.

I was in the middle of typeing reply when the post was removed. I have no idea if it was removed by a mod (and if so hopefully the account to) or by the person posting as he realised the stupidity of the post!

It will have been a mod because there is no way a poster can remove their own post (believe me, I've tried 😉 )

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Jonathan H wrote:

Anyway, thought i would bring attention to it here in case the mods were not the ones that removed it.

And again, I missed out on all the fun. What did he want? Forgot his email, security question and answer, forgot he is not living in country x, or did he complain how expensive accounts are and scamming people is hard work?

Martina P wrote:

And again, I missed out on all the fun. What did he want? Forgot his email, security question and answer, forgot he is not living in country x, or did he complain how expensive accounts are and scamming people is hard work?

He also mistakenly used his nickname, Jessica, when he signed up but his real name is Mohammed.

mtngigi
Community Member

Jennifer M wrote:

Martina P wrote:

He also mistakenly used his nickname, Jessica, when he signed up but his real name is Mohammed.

Lol ... gotta love weekends on the forums. I only hope "Jessica" paid a lot of money for that account.

I think Jessica wanted help with transfering his new account and making full use of it!

Martina P wrote:

This wasn't as subtle. The guy said straight up that he had purchased his account, and gave the full name and contact information of the person from whom it was purchased. Also said that the original account holder had passed the I.D. verification for him. It was a little TOO stupid, now that I think about it - he might have just been trying to get somebody else into trouble.

In this Forum, I have seen posts (now deleted) which contain the name of and a direct link to a website which is literally a marketer of already-created, already-verified accounts. Very brazen. Completely inappropriate.

If I owned a website that had a user forum, I would definitely remove posts like that. Maybe even this very post should be deleted, for alluding to such things.

dmcrider
Community Member

I just had two incidents on other freelancing websites of people wanting to purchase my Upwork account
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members