Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pyramid scams in Upwork

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
11 of 25

Call of Duty is great to take out some stress on random noobs. I miss the old Quake Arena though where I could shove a rocket launcher in someone's face and say "feels good mang"

I keep telling myself I'll give myself a full day of no showering and being a disgusting pale faced nerd in my sack daddy and focusing on my 60" flat screen doing nothing by video gaming until my eyes bleed. But then people keep giving me work. I'm conflicted on which one is better.

pedro-velez
Pedro V Member Since: Aug 31, 2015
12 of 25

Well, to be fair, I do most of my work on my pijamas. And I do find time to play videogames everyday or almost Smiley Very Happy

lysis10
Community Guru
13 of 25

You are my hero, Pedro. I really want to be you right now.

stencil_media
Community Guru
Scott E Member Since: Jul 26, 2015
14 of 25

Video games improve concentration and reflexes. A study of surgeons showed that those who play video games are 27% quicker with 34% less errors than those that don't!

I got Battlefield 4 as well. First time I've played any PC games, got a GTX 780 so thought I'd put to good use. The graphics are delicious! 

"Welcome, humans. I'm ready for you!"
- Box, Logan's Run (1976)
lysis10
Community Guru
15 of 25

After I pay the tax man this month, I'm buying a new rig. I can't wait to see the sweeet sweeeet PC graphics that my superior NVIDIA technology will bring to me.

evetodew
Community Guru
Evelina H Member Since: Jan 29, 2015
16 of 25

Not only that, but it has been scientifically proven that games (different genres) on a regular basis can literally improve your IQ (well, not that much, maybe an improvement of 5 units)! I haven't played games for years! What if I've gotten slightly dumber? I hope I haven't! Smiley Frustrated

pedro-velez
Pedro V Member Since: Aug 31, 2015
17 of 25

I'm an AMD man myself. Bought a R9 380 and it runs very well.

Goes well with my AMD CPU as well.

There is so many games I want to try out and push the card to the limit but mostly I end up playing multiplayer with friends for an hour a day without time for anything more. Its such a bummer.

stencil_media
Community Guru
18 of 25

I'm not fussed either way, but I need nvidia for my video stuff so went for that. Can play ghosts on ultra settings at 100fps so that's all good. I prefer multiplayer, but have just been doing the campaign type thing to ease myself in. However, just this second finished my first bout of multiplayer... didn't come last, so that's pretty good seeing I don't know the maps, had a basic loadout and barely know the controls!

Had forgotten how fun COD was!

evetodew
Community Guru
Evelina H Member Since: Jan 29, 2015
19 of 25

I bought a monstrous game laptop just to be able to run After Effects on it. Now I use it for writing articles and making logos. What a waste! I have to at least challenge myself at some game! Be it a shooter, be it an adventure - bring it on Smiley Very Happy Smiley Happy

stencil_media
Community Guru
20 of 25

Yeah, I used laptops for my After Effects work for ages, didn't want to be tied down to a desktop, but I gave in at the beginning of 2014 and got a beast of a rig. When it's taking you 48 hours to render one short video, it's time to upgrade! 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS