🐈 Community
» Forums » Freelancers » Q on 6-Month, 12-Month Windows
Page options
melaniekhenson
Community Member

Q on 6-Month, 12-Month Windows

Hey all. I have been trying to work something out and I'm just not understanding it, so I though I'd ask here.

Since 6-, 12- and 24-month windows are calculated, is one's JSS calculated on the most *recent* 6 months only if the freelancer hasn't been on UP a whole year yet?

So in other words, if I took my first contract in October and May rolls around, will my October contracts fall out of the window, with no 12- or 24-month calculations available yet (obviously) to compare it to and select the higher score?

Thanks. I am embarrassed to ask this question, but math and math/time/sequential concepts have never been my jam. It is a true cross for me to bear. :D

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

@Melanie H wrote:

Hey all. I have been trying to work something out and I'm just not understanding it, so I though I'd ask here.

Since 6-, 12- and 24-month windows are calculated, is one's JSS calculated on the most *recent* 6 months only if the freelancer hasn't been on UP a whole year yet?

So in other words, if I took my first contract in October and May rolls around, will my October contracts fall out of the window, with no 12- or 24-month calculations available yet (obviously) to compare it to and select the higher score?

Thanks. I am embarrassed to ask this question, but math and math/time/sequential concepts have never been my jam. It is a true cross for me to bear. :D

Let's make this simple ;)

If you have been here 8 months, you have a 6 month window which is the window from 6 months ago today to today, AND a 12 month window, which includes (!!) your 6 month window plus the other two months. No 24 months window

If you have been here 18 months, you have the 6 month window, the 12 month window, which includes (!!) your 6 month window plus a 24 month window which includes (!!) your 6 month window and your 12 month window.

People often forget that the 12 month window encompasses the 6 month window in its calculation for some reason.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

@Melanie H wrote:

Let's make this simple ;)

If you have been here 8 months, you have a 6 month window which is the window from 6 months ago today to today, AND a 12 month window, which includes (!!) your 6 month window plus the other two months. No 24 months window

If you have been here 18 months, you have the 6 month window, the 12 month window, which includes (!!) your 6 month window plus a 24 month window which includes (!!) your 6 month window and your 12 month window.

People often forget that the 12 month window encompasses the 6 month window in its calculation for some reason.

Thank you, Petra! This makes sense.

Latest Articles
Upcoming Events
Jan 31
Feb 28
Upwork Community Virtual Hour
Community Hour English
Mar 28
Upwork Virtual Community Hour
Community Hour English
Learning Paths