🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: QUOTING SEVERAL TIMES ON THE SAME JOB
Page options
4fb9276f
Community Member

QUOTING SEVERAL TIMES ON THE SAME JOB

Client is asking that ''Please quote us to do this 500 times'' How do I do this when his fixed price shows $17

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Raphael A wrote:

Client is asking that ''Please quote us to do this 500 times'' How do I do this when his fixed price shows $17

It doesn't mean that you should send 500 proposals. It means the client would like to know what you would be charging for 500 deliverables. 

For example, if the client's job involves finding 500 dresses and entering them into a spreadsheet, the client wants to know what you would charge for the whole job of 500 x whatever it is.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Raphael A wrote:

It doesn't mean that you should send 500 proposals. It means the client would like to know what you would be charging for 500 deliverables. 

For example, if the client's job involves finding 500 dresses and entering them into a spreadsheet, the client wants to know what you would charge for the whole job of 500 x whatever it is.

4fb9276f
Community Member

Thank you so much Petra,

I understand and really appreciate your feedback. So does that mean I have to indicate the final figure i.e. $17 X 500 = $ 8500 in the proposal body? and how will upwork know and charge the client accordingly? I am new to this.

Thanks

petra_r
Community Member

Raphael A wrote:

Thank you so much Petra,

I understand and really appreciate your feedback. So does that mean I have to indicate the final figure i.e. $17 X 500 = $ 8500 in the proposal body? and how will upwork know and charge the client accordingly?

Ignore the budget. You don't know if the client means it to be for all 500... That is why the client is asking for your quote. 

Bid what you would realistically charge for doing 500 of the task. Be that $17 or $170 or $ 17000 or whatever.

Upwork is not going to "charge the client" anything at this point. A proposal is just the first step. 

4fb9276f
Community Member

Thank you so much 🙂 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members