🐈 Community
radhie

Qualification test

In my test session , I saw various test for translation from English to Spanish,Danish,Russian and other Europe

languages .Since  i do not any of languages mentioned  in the test other than English.Is  it necessary  to take test  for translation from English to Spanish,Danish etc?Please  remove the translation test from English to Spanish ,Danish,Russian,Dutch. Why i have to take test for translation  from English to Spanish,Brazilian, Danish, Portuguese's German.,Dutch?

9 REPLIES 9
petra_r

There are still hundreds of tests you can take.

OF COURSE you don't need to take tests for things you do not and can not do. Just search for and choose the ones that apply to your set of skills.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
This widget could not be displayed.

@Radhika M wrote:

In my test session , i  saw various test for translation from English to Spanish,Danish,Russian and other Europe

languages .Since  i do not any of languages mentioned  in the test other than English.Is  it necessary  to take test  for translation from English to Spanish,Danish etc?Please  remove the translation test from English to Spanish ,Danish,Russian,Dutch. Why i have to take test for translation  from English to Spanish,Brazilian, Danish, Portuguese's German.,Dutch?

You are not oblieged to pass tests in a language you do not speak at all. This is probably a bug. There are tests that are suggested to me that are only relevant for US freelancers. Therefore I ignore them. Maybe I get less invites because of that.

vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Radhika,

Could you please share a screenshot of the session you are referring to? I can confirm Petra's reply.

Untitled

Here is the  screenshot  of the test

New.Picture.1.bmp (1).jpg

vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Radhika,

I presume the list appears once you search the available skill tests by using a certain keyword or chose a category from the drop-down menu? It is by design to list all of those tests as they are relevant to the keyword/skill category used.

Untitled

Do i need to make another profile or  i have to make all those test  that have taken private. in my profile .I still cannot understand  those test by searching  keyword translation ,it si still there in my test session.

@Radhika M wrote:

Do i need to make another profile or  i have to make all those test  that have taken private. in my profile .I still cannot understand  those test by searching  keyword translation ,it si still there in my test session.

Making another profile will get you suspended so don't do that.  But as stated before you don't have to take all of the tests just because they were suggested. Take only the tests that correspond with your skills. Smiley Happy 

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Radhika,

I can confirm the information Katrina shared and would advise you to take only tests relevant to your core skills, which you are advertising on your profile.

Untitled
kat303

Radhika - You don't have to take ANY tests. They are not required. Test are on here to perhaps give you a TINY edge in getting awarded a contract/job. They are here to show that you do have the knowledge in the skill tests that you take. However, they are kind of flawed. There's way to much cheating on them to the point of them not really meaning that much anymore.

Learning Paths