cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quality of Jobs

bzstudio
Ace Contributor

What people are saying here about the quality of the job posts is true. I have also noticed a decrease in quality of job offerings. Now there are things like people "Willing to Pay More for Expert" who are only willing to pay $50 for a book cover and interior. That's not enough even for someone doing it the first time. They will get exactly what they pay for, and then they will tell people to stay away from Upwork because of the low quality. It would be good if Upwork had a minimum price for certain things.

6 REPLIES 6
3d_relief
Ace Contributor

I fully agree with Lisa. On a daily basis I see RFPs looking for an expert product designer and only want to pay $50 or less. I can barely turn my computer on for that kind of money. The funny (or not so funny) thing is that people are submitting proposals for these projects. I can understand companies looking for a good value but it's insulting for some of us who truly know what they're doing. As stated above I also believe that these companies get what they pay for, and in the long run this hurts Upwork (and obviously us freelancers) when the project results recieved are lacking and the companies go elsewhere looking for help.

vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Lisa and Scott,

Just noting that I moved your posts to the Freelancer forum and merged them in a new thread, since the topic you're discussing in your comments isn't related to the announcement they were posted in. Thanks.

Untitled
I 100% agree I am also a freelancer seen many jobs like design a logo in just $10 and above 50 proposals on that job posting that doesn't makes sense to design a logo in $10. There are a lot more jobs like this Upwork should do something about it as it affecting Freelancers and Upwork itself (with low budgets).

@Muhammad A wrote:
I 100% agree I am also a freelancer seen many jobs like design a logo in just $10 and above 50 proposals on that job posting that doesn't makes sense to design a logo in $10. There are a lot more jobs like this Upwork should do something about it as it affecting Freelancers and Upwork itself (with low budgets).

So why is your profile full of jobs like that? If you guys didn't keep racing to the bottom, clients would not expect that kind of pricing level.

Why do you expect Upwork to "do something about that" and at the same time do exactly what causes the issue in the first place?

If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem.

I have only worked on those job initially and also I have designed only 1 logo out of 21 jobs all others were related with editing and there is difference between editing and design. There is one with $10 but client mistkenly ended project after approval of first milestone and he was new to upwork that's why he created another of $35 so it was total $45 for a simple flat design.
Except that one all of other jobs were related to editing of existing designs.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS