Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quality of job posts have dramatically decreased

Highlighted
Community Leader
Mateo R. S Member Since: Dec 13, 2018
61 of 69

Dear Petra, i didn´t came here to put everyone against me, (may seems that way, i know right?...) 

So please take my apoligize for being rude, we are all freelancer on the same platform, we are in the forums to help each other, or something.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
62 of 69

Jesús Mateo R wrote:

we are in the forums to help each other, or something.

I spend a lot of my time helping.

The thing is when newbies burst in wailing and aggressive and complaining and frankly clueless, and then get aggressive when people who actually do know what they are talking about give them a reality check.

Either you want help to be more successful, or you just want to whine and play the victim. Make up your mind and then either start to listen to get help, or continue the way you have been and continue to get the responses you have been getting.

Your choice.

Highlighted
Community Leader
63 of 69

Yes! i have made my choice, and it´s neither of the ones you present, those are not the only ones, i am not playing the victim here, i am not being agressive, i am responding how i´m being adressed, those ¨whines¨ you are talking about are genuine new freelancer issues, thing is you are sick of listening to them, an i get it! i get it!.
I am listening, i have made a lot of changes to my profile and my attitud towards my freelancing carrer, to my proposals, being more selective, i learned how these thing are not new, that actually encourages me, and i gotta say the responses i have beeing getting, the agressive ones, comes from the same 4 to 5 people, other freelancers, newbies and gurus don´t have that kind of reaction. I have learned from your comments here on this thread and others, thank you for helping us, keep doing that! we appreciate it, just as a recommendation if i may, don´t take this personal this ain´t an attack to you or anything, being nice to ¨rude¨ people really comes a long way.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
64 of 69

Jesús Mateo R wrote:

I am listening, i have made a lot of changes to my profile and my attitud towards my freelancing carrer, to my proposals, being more selective, i learned how these thing are not new, that actually encourages me.

Good, so it was worthwhile.

Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
65 of 69

All,

A few posts have been removed from this thread. Please, be mindful of the Community Guidelines and respectful toward other participants even if your opinions differ.

Thanks.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Christine A Member Since: May 4, 2016
66 of 69

Jesús Mateo R wrote:

Christine: I DID felt attacked by all the waves of experienced freelancers feeling offended by what i said, Talking bad about other freelancers was NEVER in this thread´s goal, actually it NEVER was my intention to say something bad about you guys i have said repeatedly that i respect you, and i could EASILY ask YOU the same thing, got any solution? you that, have more experience freelancing, i already said something.... clients should have a connect (or similar) system, they should be paying a fee, even if it is small, they should invest on posting jobs, i mean if they are out here it should SHOULD mean theay are hiring someone, so they got a money....

I thought that we had already made peace with our different views, and now I feel like we're going around in circles here, so this is the last post that I'm going to make on this particular thread. 

Since you evidently need to be reminded, you did in fact attack the more experienced freelancers when you said that the only reason we were successful is that things were easier for us. Completely untrue, and extremely insulting as well. 

As for me never providing any solutions, again, this is untrue and sounds very much like an "attack". I have never said that Upwork is perfect and I frequently make comments and suggestions about what I feel could be improved. I'm sorry that my views don't concur with yours, but I've been around long enough that I know certain things won't work. Why? Because some of them have already been tried before, and failed. Other suggestions that you've made are already in place on other websites - such as making clients pay to post projects and vetting them in advance - so if you think that that's a good solution, please feel free to send me a private message and I'll give you some links so you can go ahead and try your luck. I'm serious here - I'm only trying to help.

Highlighted
Community Leader
67 of 69

I have learned from what you have posted in this thread, reading my comment again it does sound a little harsh, i know you are trying to help, you are helping me indeed, i literally dont think the only reason you are

succesful is because thing were easier before, i have apologized, and i´ll do it again, that´s not what i think, what i did say is that i thought it´s even harder now, which i have come to realize thanks to you all, is that all these struggles i see now have always been around. I am really sorry we are in such a dispute,  now i´ll be marked as the dude who hates experienced freelancers, lol, i don´t! dang... Ok... this thread is kinda getting nowhere now. And i also don´t think you never provide a solution your community profile states it very clear when it says 14 solutions and more than 300 kudos, i was just frustrated with this thread and snapped at your comment maybe, sorry.

Highlighted
Community Leader
68 of 69

THANK YOU ANDREEA! that is exactly what i mean.

I have found a lot threads recently that are talking about this, and it really bumps me, seeing all the same people saying the same argument over and over again, to"work it out and suck it up".  I do understand you, seeing all these ¨newbies¨ trying to pull a revolution on a thing that has always been the same, but i ask all of you, would you please consider that we actually might have a point here? and maybe support this? or at least, stop being so deffensive about it, if you so say, you dont have a problem with this issues, well then keep on working on your jobs, for us we feel this is an issue and we are going to do something about it, let us, if you could just stop complaining about our complaints, we will move on and continue trying to be succesful and try to demand Upwork what we think is right, as you say, you won´t be affected by it.

Highlighted
Community Leader
69 of 69

Yes! although i feel it´s not against other feelancers we aren´t cannibals, we are putting our complaints here againt´s some clients, and how upwork won´t have some filters to have better clients.

I mean wound´t you be happier if there were more good clients? that you get new clients more often? that you wouldn´t have to remove 100 to get 1 good one? if you do... Then i think we could be on the same boat here...

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS