🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Queries regarding Projects
Page options
codeitsmart
Community Member

Queries regarding Projects

Just let me know which is fair n which is not fair . 

1 . when i feel client is happy , can i ask ( just request ) for provide me good feedback . 

2 . is there any rules to ask if client is very happy with my hard work for extra few tips 

3 . when i accept the project in message box ( a box open at that time ) what kind of message should i write down ( accepting time )

5 REPLIES 5
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "1. when i feel client is happy , can i ask ( just request ) for provide me good feedback"

Please DO NOT DO THAT. I regard that to be feedback manipulation, which is a violation of ToS. As I client, I find that to be annoying when freelancers do that. As a freelancer, I consider this unprofessional and unnecessary.

re: "2 . is there any rules to ask if client is very happy with my hard work for extra few tips"

Please do not do that.

tips.jpg

re: "3 . when i accept the project in message box ( a box open at that time ) what kind of message should i write down ( accepting time )"

I write: "Thank you."

kat303
Community Member

Abhishek G wrote:

Just let me know which is fair n which is not fair . 

1 . when i feel client is happy , can i ask ( just request ) for provide me good feedback . 

2 . is there any rules to ask if client is very happy with my hard work for extra few tips 

3 . when i accept the project in message box ( a box open at that time ) what kind of message should i write down ( accepting time )

---------------------
1. NO. Do NOT ask for feedback. When the client closes the contract they have to give feedback. They can't close a contract without submitting feedback. To ask a client for feedback, IMO, is so unprofessional.

.2. NO. do NOT ask for tips. That is also so unprofessional. If you do exceptional work, WAY above and beyond, IF the client appreciates that, then they will give you a bonus. Sometimes that happens, most of the time it doesn't. If they do give you a bonus, great, but do NOT ask for it under any circumstances and do not expect it. And if you ask for tips, I don't know if that violates any of Upwork's TOS, but the client can sure make a complaint against you. 

3. If a client offers you a contract you can thank them and let them know you'll start on it right away.

I will keep it in my mind . I will never do that . It's just for avoiding violation or further safety I'm trying to get knowledge from senior person who have knowledge ... 

Hope upwork community or rest members don't mind .. 

I needed information so that I can avoid such things ... 

When I accept project I write something like " Thank you xyz sir or madam for your precious project "

Is that okies right ??

Abhishek G wrote:

When I accept project I write something like " Thank you xyz sir or madam for your precious project "

Is that okies right ??

I would never write that - I generally just write "Thanks" or "Thanks, Clients_first_name"

I never ever address anyone with "Sir" or "Madam" but then my clients are generally from parts of the world where that would be inappropriate.

I'd also never say "precious project" ... No way...

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths