cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question Regarding A Client I am communicating with....

digitalartistb
Ace Contributor
Bemmygail A Member Since: Mar 23, 2013
1 of 4

There is a client from upwork that posted a job. I can see that the post has 1 hired, and 1 interviewing. I suppose I am the one he is interviewing since we are currently talking about the work. He contacted me, and requested to use skype for communication. He is already talking about the job through skype, and was telling me to somehow work outside upwork.

I asked him once if the project will be through upwork hourly contract since I only work on upwork. Then he says he doesn't use upwork unfortunately. I was wondering why he said that, but in the job post, it shows he has already hired someone. So, maybe this is not a good idea to proceed with the work, right?

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
BEST ANSWER
2 of 4

Hi Bemmygail,

Asking you to work outside the platform is a ToS violation. Please stop communicating with this client, pm me the job post link and a screenshot of the client's request, so our team can take action and remove the post and the client from the platform.

For more information about working safely on Upwork, please review these safety tips and go through our freelancer resources.

Untitled

View solution in original post

digitalartistb
Ace Contributor
Bemmygail A Member Since: Mar 23, 2013
3 of 4

Ohhh, okay, thank you. Will do that real quick.

tj1972
Community Guru
Tamaz J Member Since: Nov 4, 2014
4 of 4

Hi Bemmygail,

Just to add of what Vlad suggested.

Most probably you'll not get paid from this client.
Personally my suggestion - forget about this client.

Thanks 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS