Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question Tax Exemption for Pakistani Freelancers

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Syed Z N Member Since: Sep 12, 2019
11 of 90

I will gonna setup sole propriety company for sure. The steps you mentioned are probably the steps I am going to do. It would be good if we (You and I) documents our steps and then post it somewhere more reachable for the guidance of others.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Hussain A Member Since: Mar 31, 2011
12 of 90

Ok sounds good. Are you already a filer? And do you've an NTN already?

I already have a personal NTN. I was told for a sole proprietor, the business name can be added to the same NTN. I'll look into what is process. I'll keep posting all steps here.

I'll also try to contact FBR again & see if they can give more insights on the need of making a sole proprietorship company.

Please keep sharing your experience as well down the road when you proceed with the process. I'll contact with my tax consultant as well and see are steps from here.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
13 of 90

Yes I am already a filer due my salaried income And yes with the same NTN a sole propriety business can be established. Most likely I will not be doing anything myself will ask my consultant to do it, because I want to make this perfect. Currently in process of submitting my tax return for 2019 so it might take a bit of time till I am able to setup everything.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
14 of 90

Right Ok. Any idea how much it will cost to form sole proprietorship & how much time it normally takes?

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
15 of 90

Just looking at FBR-IRIS, I am guessing it will cost nothing to establish sole company. Like I said, I will have to pay the consultant for gettting these few clicks done, which will cost some fee.

Time wise is guess a day max but I will update as I get to that step in few weeks.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
16 of 90

Ok, please let me know how much your consultant will charge for it.

Although I think it might be something really simple for anyone to do. I'll do some research how this is done.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
17 of 90

Previously a consultant ask me to do this for Rs 5000.  

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
18 of 90

similar response by S.ali.Me . 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Highlighted
Faisal Y Member Since: Sep 18, 2017
19 of 90

How i can file return as a Freelancer using FBR IRIS, if any one has any experience with IRIS. Please share.

Thank you for great infomation. Really appericiated. 

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
20 of 90

Well you can hire a tax consultant, they normall charge a small fee to file your tax returns. Or you can do it yourself but it might be a bit complex for a person doing for the first time.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS