Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Milestones

wendy_writes
Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
11 of 18

Vladimir, does this mean there is NO way either the buyer or the provider can amend the due date on a new milestone?

evetodew
Community Guru
Evelina H Member Since: Jan 29, 2015
12 of 18

Wendy, from personal experience, no, once set the due date can't be changed. I find that inconvenient though.

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
13 of 18

Hi Wendy,

You can find a detailed explanation about changing the Milestone due dates in this thread.

Untitled
wendy_writes
Community Guru
14 of 18

Vlad, am I correct in believing that once funded milestone due date can not be changed but that "or you can just communicate about the Milestone due date changes with the freelancer" (quote Vlad's comment of 01-06-2016 03:49 AM). I am guessing "you" refers only to buyer; is that a correct assumption?

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
15 of 18

That's correct, Wendy, only a milestone that's not been funded can be edited and the due date changed. In any case, we encourage the client and the freelancer to communicate to make sure they are on the same page regarding the deadlines and terms regardless of whether the due date was set or not.

~ Valeria
Upwork
wendy_writes
Community Guru
16 of 18

Thanks, Val.  I remember a discussion months ago about freelancers not being able to set milestones and submit them for client approval. Is this still the case?

lenaellis
Lena E Moderator Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
17 of 18

Yes that is correct. Currently, only clients can create milestones. 

Untitled
nielzor
Niels S Member Since: Feb 11, 2016
18 of 18

Thank you very much for that clarification, Vladimir. It's really put my mind at ease.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS