🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Question about Upwork video/voice chat
Page options
robjohnson55
Community Member

Question about Upwork video/voice chat

I have an interview with a client on Thursday. Previously all the interviews I've had have been via Zoom. I’m aware that isn’t allowed any more.

Client is happy to do the call via Upwork, so that isn't a problem. BUT...the one and only time I attempted a call through Upwork it didn't work - neither video nor voice.

I have two questions:

1. Is there a way to check the Upwork call platform to see if it's working? I can't find one. If not, is there another way I can fix it?
2. If on Thursday the call doesn't work, can I make the call via Zoom/another platform? Or is that also against the T&S?
3 REPLIES 3
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Rob,

Currently, there isn't an option to test a call even though this is something that the team is working on building. However, the issue you're describing where a video or audio wouldn't work for an active call was most likely caused by permissions not being granted for Upwork to access microphone on your computer. This help article contains troubleshooting tips for setting up those permissions. 

The recent upgrades to our video/call system have significantly improved the success of video or phone calls. If you continue to have issues, please use the link to contact support you'll see in the call window so the team could assist.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Thank you for answering the first question. Could you please answer this one?

2. If on Thursday the call doesn't work, can I make the call via Zoom/another platform? Or is that also against the T&S?

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your question. We recognize that this is always a possibility. The recent upgrades to our video/call system have significantly improved the success of video or phone calls. If you continue to have issues, please contact us immediately so we can assist.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members