🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Question about billing methods when purch...
Page options
zoomconcepts
Community Member

Question about billing methods when purchasing connects

OK, I'll make a new post since the bumped old topic isn't working. I have a linked debit card that I've used before to puchase connects. It's the only billing method I have on here, so I assume it's primary by default, hence it's missing the "make primary" link the help section mentions. If it's a primary method, why does the system still automatically take the payment for the connects out of my available earnings? It didn't give me an option to charge the card at all, and I'd like to change that for future transactions. 

5 REPLIES 5
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Bojana,

By design, if you have available balance on your Upwork account, we'll draw money from it when you purchase connects. If you don't have sufficient balance, we'll charge your billing method on file. You'll also see a notification about this before clicking Add Connects.

~ Bojan
Upwork

OK, can I put it in as a feature request then, to add an option/prompt to choose whether we want to use the available balance or another billing method? For various reasons it's better to be able to choose where that money comes out from, and it's not always convenient to use the available earnings (honestly, with the way your invoices are set up, it's much more paperwork than simply using my card). For now I realise the workaround would be to time my purchases for just after I've withdrawn all available earnings?  

Thank you for this suggestion, Bojana. I'll be sure to share it with our team. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi! I was a previous jobseeker here in Upwork until such time my account became inactive. I recently put up a training and development business and would want to use Upwork as my platform of choice for our job postings. I've read some comments and found out I could try Upwork Plus for free for 2 months since I am now a prospective client. I hope you can assist me with regard to my inactive account and to my business as your future client. I hope you can help me setting up my payment setting too. Thanks.

Hi Ryan Nelson,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly via a support ticket to address your questions and concerns.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members