🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Question about fixed project
Page options
hamzaharoon22
Community Member

Question about fixed project

Hy everyone , sir I am working for my one of client and one milestone is completed before assigning second milestone I have completed work but no send to client and am saying to him male milestone then I am bake to submit work but he has not make and say me first show me work then I will make its upwork violation to deliver milestone before delivery of service am stuck then I have to submit the work and then he also assign second milestone for submit work .
I just want to know is there any violation an lil bit affaire please guide me .
5 REPLIES 5
prestonhunter
Community Member

If you have a milestone, and that milestone has been funded, then when you finish the work on that milestone, you submit it. Use the "Submit Work / Request Payment" button.

Other milestones? Those are in the future, maybe. 

We don't withhold work waiting for future milestones to be added or funded.

petra_r
Community Member

Hamza H wrote:
Hy everyone , sir I am working for my one of client and one milestone is completed before assigning second milestone I have completed work but no send to client and am saying to him male milestone then I am bake to submit work but he has not make and say me first show me work then I will make its upwork violation to deliver milestone before delivery of service am stuck then I have to submit the work and then he also assign second milestone for submit work .
I just want to know is there any violation an lil bit affaire please guide me .

If you have completed the work for milestone 1, then obviously you must submit it to the client before milestone 1 can be released and milestone 2 can be funded.

You can't expect milestone to be released and milestone 2 to be funded without the client having had a chance to review the work done for milestone 1.

It is impossible for the client to fund milestone 2 before releasing milestone 1 and you must not ask the client to release the funds for milestone 1 without sending him the work.

Your post is very hard to understand. If your communication with the client is similar, it is not surprising if there are misunderstandings.

I am totally aware of all these things. But my question is not that my question is this :

I have completed the first milestone then I have start working on next milestone "the milestone is not created yet by client " I have completed the work but not submit then I said to him assign me next milestone then I should submit the work but I think he did not understand and continuously saying me first show me work then I will assign you. I compelled and sent work to him after check he assigns me milestone then I submitted the work for payment. So, I just want to know there is any violation because I submit the work before second milestone for reviewing by client" I am new on upwork "

Did you submit the work for milestone 1?

If not, and milestone 1 is funded, submit the work for milestone 1 right away. That is the next step in the process.

You should not have started working on milestone 2 before milestone 1 was released and milestone 2 funded. Once you submit milestone 1, wait to see whether the client has any revisions or approves the milestone before doing any more work on milestone 2. Go back to working on milestone 2 after you submit milestone 1, the client approves milestone 1, and the client funds milestone 2.

Hamza H wrote:

I am totally aware of all these things.

No, you are clearly not.

Hamza H wrote:

I have completed the first milestone then I have start working on next milestone "the milestone is not created yet by client " I have completed the work but not submit then I said to him assign me next milestone

Well, you should not have done that, should you? You should have submitted the work for milestone 1, THEN waited for milestone 1 to be approved, THEN asked the client to create milestone 2, THEN waited for milestone 2 to be created and funded, THEN and only THEN started working on milestone 2

Hamza H wrote:

compelled and sent work to him after check he assigns me milestone then I submitted the work for payment. So, I just want to know there is any violation because I submit the work before second milestone for reviewing by client" I am new on upwork "

I have no idea what you have done because you describe it in a rather confusing way, but sending work against an unfunded milestone is not a violation, it just means you may not get paid.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths