🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Question about hourly contracts
Page options
tapanroy72
Community Member

Question about hourly contracts

I've started my first work on 14th Dec 2020 (hourly work) and completed 1st week(14 - 20 Dec.), a limit of 15 hours per week.

And I didn't do any work last week from( 21 - 27 Dec.) meanwhile the client isn't online. I've delivered the weekly report and ask the client, but he didn't reply.

Now, can I continue my work? Or should I wait for the client's reply?

If I do not continue my work, will it get any bad impact on my profile?

work problem.jpg

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Tapon Chandro,

Please allow some time for your client to get back to you. They may be occupied with other tasks that prevented them from getting back to you right away. I agree with Bojan's suggestion that you please check again the contract terms that you have both agreed on so that you can make sure that you work under the agreed-upon terms. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tapon Chandro,

You can check the details that you both discussed during the negotiation of the project and locate the important terms of it. It is always good to communicate with your client to avoid any misunderstanding. You can discuss the terms of further engagement on the contract in order to avoid any potential problems.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Bojan S,

I already asked my client but he isn't online and did not reply and the project is ongoing with a limit of 15 hours per week.

Hi Tapon Chandro,

Please allow some time for your client to get back to you. They may be occupied with other tasks that prevented them from getting back to you right away. I agree with Bojan's suggestion that you please check again the contract terms that you have both agreed on so that you can make sure that you work under the agreed-upon terms. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members