🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Question about illustration jobs
Page options
jamielinden
Community Member

Question about illustration jobs

Hello,

I was browing the illustration category on Upwork and I saw there were digital and traditional art freelancers. I was wondering if all the assets you send the clients are digital, or are some of you mailing a physical piece of art? 

Thanks,

Jamie 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
celgins
Community Member

Hi Jamie,

Once you have a contract in place on Upwork, you can exchange materials through mail (i.e., shipping physical items) between you and your client if that is what it takes to complete the job.

Exchanging art, illustrations, products, etc. to facilitate and complete a project is fine, but only after you have a contract in place. All payments must occur via Upwork. You cannot accept a payment outside the platform.

Here is another account with a similar question about products: Sending Physical Products

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
harisfaisal1
Community Member

You raise an interesting point.

For digital artists: Assets can be used for a wide variety of things like print or assets for games/vfx so i'm pretty sure they are digital.

For Traditional artists: I wouldn't be surprised if clients received works like concept art or other forms of traditional art and then had the documents printed on their own.

Ofcrouse there are exceprtions and rare cases in every category but generally speaking I believe this is how it works on upwork. 

Best.

Haris F.

Thank you so much. 😁

celgins
Community Member

Hi Jamie,

Once you have a contract in place on Upwork, you can exchange materials through mail (i.e., shipping physical items) between you and your client if that is what it takes to complete the job.

Exchanging art, illustrations, products, etc. to facilitate and complete a project is fine, but only after you have a contract in place. All payments must occur via Upwork. You cannot accept a payment outside the platform.

Here is another account with a similar question about products: Sending Physical Products

Thank you! 

prestonhunter
Community Member

As a client, I have hired over 180 freelancers. Mostly artists.

I'm only interested in digital files. When artists use physical media, they need to send me a scan.

Of course I am only speaking for myself. I don't doubt that some clients want physical pieces.

Thank you 😁

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members