🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Question about job thumbs down
Page options
creativedigit
Community Member

Question about job thumbs down

If I click the "thumbs down" icon next to a job while searching for jobs, does that change my experience on Upwork, or simply hides the job without making any impact on my Upwork account and what Upwork shows to me in the jobs list in the future?

In essence, I want to keep everything the same but simply remove the jobs which are not a good fit for me while I'm applying, so I don't have to see them constantly and shift my focus to different jobs. I don't know if this is how this is designed to work or not. I have never used this feature before frankly.

Blessings.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Wassim,

While the aggregated information we receive from the thumbs down feature may be used to improve Job Search and Feed in general, the way you use the button doesn't currently influence ranking of jobs for your individual freelancer account.

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Wassim,

While the aggregated information we receive from the thumbs down feature may be used to improve Job Search and Feed in general, the way you use the button doesn't currently influence ranking of jobs for your individual freelancer account.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Thanks, Valeria.

I'd rather avoid using the thumbs down feature then.
110a36c5
Community Member

Will my job feed be refined if I give a reason why I am not interested in a job (the thumbs-down icon)? Or is the thumbs-down just for my convenience in compacting the screen? TIA JV

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members