🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Question about location of job request
Page options
steveyiphoto
Community Member

Question about location of job request

Hi, I have a question about the job location. Even though many things can be done remotely, I wish Upwork specified the location of the jobs.

Ex. If someone needs a portait photographer, can you guys state like Washington DC instead of broadaly mentioning like 'US only'?

I am anxiously hope I will land a job soon.

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Steve Y wrote:

Hi, I have a question about the job location. Even though many things can be done remotely, I wish Upwork specified the location of the jobs.

Ex. If someone needs a portait photographer, can you guys state like Washington DC instead of broadaly mentioning like 'US only'?

I am anxiously hope I will land a job soon.

Thank you.

The vast majority of jobs don't require freelancers to be located in a specific city, but if they are, the client will say so in their job description. If you're looking for portrait photography work in the DC area, I don't think that you'll have much luck here, frankly.

If you go to "Advanced Search" you can type in "Washington" as one of your key words and search that way. But I just tried a search using "photography Washington" and only got one match - for an entry-level assistant, posted a month ago.

shefen
Community Member

On the right side of job posts, under "About the Client" is "United States", then the city and current time in that city. If it's local to you then I would think you would recognize the city. I sometimes Google the city name to get some idea where the client is located.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members