🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Question about manually hours
Page options
prachithaker
Community Member

Question about manually hours

Hello Team,

I have questions about manually hours i have lots of work at the moment so i am working on all the contracts so i will put manually hours.

For example - my weekly working hours is approx 100 hours so i can able to put manual hours or there is any terms limits?

I have read in upwork policy that said for manually hours has not payment protections but why can you please explain me in details?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Prachi T wrote:

I have questions about manually hours i have lots of work at the moment so i am working on all the contracts so i will put manually hours.

How does that make it less work? Sounds like you are outsourcing the work you don't have time for. Or are "timesharing" contracts.

Prachi T wrote:

For example - my weekly working hours is approx 100 hours so i can able to put manual hours or there is any terms limits?

100 hours? Properly working, alone, by yourself, and productively? 

Prachi T wrote:

I have read in upwork policy that said for manually hours has not payment protections but why can you please explain me in details?

Because it can't be ascertained how many of those hours were really worked and by whom, that's why.

So when it comes to hourly contracts, where you have to be the one who does the work, if a client disputes or fails to pay for manual time, or files a chargeback at some point in the future, all the money is gone.

wlyonsatl
Community Member

Prachi T.

In case you don't know this already, keep in mind that even if a client "allows" you to add manual time to your weekly timelog for their project the client has no obligation of any kind under Upwork’s rules to ever actually pay you for that added time. Manual time is not protected in any way under Upwork's payment protection rules and Upwork will make no effort to enforce payment due to you for manually-booked work time.

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211062568-Upwork-Payment-Protection

If you want to try to be sure you're paid for all manual hours you book, the best you can do is only use manual time for a client you know well and trust completely.

For its part, I have found Upwork's hourly payment protection to be what it is supposed to be. But Upwork already has significant losses due to client and freelancer fraud. Imagine how such people would misuse the ability to manually book fraudulent hours at exorbitant rates without having to show any confirmation that they were actually working when they claimed to have been.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members