legendary13

Question about old prposals.

I have right now about ~15 proposals, I made it about 20-40 days ago, and there still no interview or/and hires in them. Am I get my connects back if client dont hire someone for job? And if yes - when? Sry for english.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Abdulla:

Now that you have discovered the value of the connect you may treat them a bit differently.

In other words, do some investigating of the client before you apply for the job. If you see a client that posts many jobs and never hires, don't waste your connects on them.  Move along to the next job.  Look for jobs posted by clients with high award rates and good feedback.  Be picky.

Upwork is not about to refund you connects because the client didn't hire.  That is contrary to their business model.  They don't want to piss off the clients...they are paying the bill.....its just that it comes out of your paycheck.  If they penalize the clients then all they would have left is a pool of freelancers.

Treat those connects as if they were valuable and a scarce resource, because in your situation they are.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
lysis10

no

Pls, stop asnwering question for fun only. I asked 2 questions, and get just "no" are totally usefull for me. Thank you.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Abdulla,

Connects are returned only when the job is cancelled either by the client or by Upwork team without hire. You can find more information here.

~ Valeria
Upwork

I know that, thank you, but I mean - there are zero interviews for 5 weeks, where upwork usually close jobs? After 2 months? 3? 
Sometimes i get back connections from closed jobs, but i dont know - who closed it, client or upwork, and i interested about upwork polytics.

Abdulla,

Jobs are automatically expire after 30 days of inactivity on that job. Connects are not returned in that case.

~ Valeria
Upwork

So if clients post job, doesn't interview and doesn't hire someone - connects are not returned? I think it is unfair - spent connects with 0% chance to get job. Is there are some penalty for thi kind of client? Cause I right now have 6 jobs with 0 interview in job from 1st-7th June.

And one more question - if job expire - it disspaear from proposals page or something other notification about that?

no

no responses from a proposal is a reflection on you not the system

Abdulla, if the job expires, you will see that your proposal is moved from Active to Archived folder.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Thanks, and again - Is there are some penalty for clients who POST job AND DOESN'T INTERVIVIEW/HIRE someone?

Cause i lost about 20 connects for this kind of clients, when I was 0 jobs newbie. And it really made newbie's life unhappy.

Hello, can we discuss a little about "expired jobs"?

Cause in my opinion - if clients post job and doesn't hire and even interview someone - it will be better get connects back. It's randomly - I counted 22 connects, what I lose cause of expired jobs. If I get it back - I can make a new proposals and get more job - so upwork can get more money, and me can get more money. I cant find any positive in non-return connect, when job expiring.

Sry for my english.

Abdulla:

Now that you have discovered the value of the connect you may treat them a bit differently.

In other words, do some investigating of the client before you apply for the job. If you see a client that posts many jobs and never hires, don't waste your connects on them.  Move along to the next job.  Look for jobs posted by clients with high award rates and good feedback.  Be picky.

Upwork is not about to refund you connects because the client didn't hire.  That is contrary to their business model.  They don't want to piss off the clients...they are paying the bill.....its just that it comes out of your paycheck.  If they penalize the clients then all they would have left is a pool of freelancers.

Treat those connects as if they were valuable and a scarce resource, because in your situation they are.

Your answer just greatful, thanks a lot.

@Abdulla A wrote:

Hello, can we discuss a little about "expired jobs"?

Cause in my opinion - if clients post job and doesn't hire and even interview someone - it will be better get connects back. It's randomly - I counted 22 connects, what I lose cause of expired jobs. If I get it back - I can make a new proposals and get more job - so upwork can get more money, and me can get more money. I cant find any positive in non-return connect, when job expiring.

Sry for my english.

If you can't get a gig with numerous connects, giving you more won't make a difference other than clogging up the system. Upwork is pretty free with connects with freelancers who can land gigs.  

You have to be picky with proposals.

@Abdulla A wrote:

Thanks, and again - Is there are some penalty for clients who POST job AND DOESN'T INTERVIVIEW/HIRE someone?

Cause i lost about 20 connects for this kind of clients, when I was 0 jobs newbie. And it really made newbie's life unhappy.

Why should a client be punished because they can't find a suitable freelancer here?