Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about old prposals.

legendary13
Ace Contributor
Abdulla A Member Since: Jun 6, 2016
1 of 15

I have right now about ~15 proposals, I made it about 20-40 days ago, and there still no interview or/and hires in them. Am I get my connects back if client dont hire someone for job? And if yes - when? Sry for english.

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
2 of 15

no

legendary13
Ace Contributor
3 of 15

Pls, stop asnwering question for fun only. I asked 2 questions, and get just "no" are totally usefull for me. Thank you.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
4 of 15

Hi Abdulla,

Connects are returned only when the job is cancelled either by the client or by Upwork team without hire. You can find more information here.

~ Valeria
Upwork
legendary13
Ace Contributor
5 of 15

I know that, thank you, but I mean - there are zero interviews for 5 weeks, where upwork usually close jobs? After 2 months? 3? 
Sometimes i get back connections from closed jobs, but i dont know - who closed it, client or upwork, and i interested about upwork polytics.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
6 of 15

Abdulla,

Jobs are automatically expire after 30 days of inactivity on that job. Connects are not returned in that case.

~ Valeria
Upwork
legendary13
Ace Contributor
7 of 15

So if clients post job, doesn't interview and doesn't hire someone - connects are not returned? I think it is unfair - spent connects with 0% chance to get job. Is there are some penalty for thi kind of client? Cause I right now have 6 jobs with 0 interview in job from 1st-7th June.

And one more question - if job expire - it disspaear from proposals page or something other notification about that?

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
8 of 15

no

no responses from a proposal is a reflection on you not the system

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
9 of 15

Abdulla, if the job expires, you will see that your proposal is moved from Active to Archived folder.

~ Valeria
Upwork
legendary13
Ace Contributor
10 of 15

Thanks, and again - Is there are some penalty for clients who POST job AND DOESN'T INTERVIVIEW/HIRE someone?

Cause i lost about 20 connects for this kind of clients, when I was 0 jobs newbie. And it really made newbie's life unhappy.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS