Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about old prposals.

legendary13
Ace Contributor
Abdulla A Member Since: Jun 6, 2016
11 of 15

Hello, can we discuss a little about "expired jobs"?

Cause in my opinion - if clients post job and doesn't hire and even interview someone - it will be better get connects back. It's randomly - I counted 22 connects, what I lose cause of expired jobs. If I get it back - I can make a new proposals and get more job - so upwork can get more money, and me can get more money. I cant find any positive in non-return connect, when job expiring.

Sry for my english.

allergywriter
Community Guru
Cheryl K Member Since: Jul 16, 2015
BEST ANSWER
12 of 15

Abdulla:

Now that you have discovered the value of the connect you may treat them a bit differently.

In other words, do some investigating of the client before you apply for the job. If you see a client that posts many jobs and never hires, don't waste your connects on them.  Move along to the next job.  Look for jobs posted by clients with high award rates and good feedback.  Be picky.

Upwork is not about to refund you connects because the client didn't hire.  That is contrary to their business model.  They don't want to piss off the clients...they are paying the bill.....its just that it comes out of your paycheck.  If they penalize the clients then all they would have left is a pool of freelancers.

Treat those connects as if they were valuable and a scarce resource, because in your situation they are.

View solution in original post

legendary13
Ace Contributor
Abdulla A Member Since: Jun 6, 2016
13 of 15

Your answer just greatful, thanks a lot.

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
14 of 15

@Abdulla A wrote:

Hello, can we discuss a little about "expired jobs"?

Cause in my opinion - if clients post job and doesn't hire and even interview someone - it will be better get connects back. It's randomly - I counted 22 connects, what I lose cause of expired jobs. If I get it back - I can make a new proposals and get more job - so upwork can get more money, and me can get more money. I cant find any positive in non-return connect, when job expiring.

Sry for my english.

If you can't get a gig with numerous connects, giving you more won't make a difference other than clogging up the system. Upwork is pretty free with connects with freelancers who can land gigs.  

You have to be picky with proposals.

cupidmedia
Community Guru
Jennifer D Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
15 of 15

@Abdulla A wrote:

Thanks, and again - Is there are some penalty for clients who POST job AND DOESN'T INTERVIVIEW/HIRE someone?

Cause i lost about 20 connects for this kind of clients, when I was 0 jobs newbie. And it really made newbie's life unhappy.

Why should a client be punished because they can't find a suitable freelancer here? 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS