🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Question about recent Upwork issues
Page options
antoniocuratolo7
Community Member

Question about recent Upwork issues

I have a question for the community: considering the recent issues that Upwork is "facing" (I'm referring particularly to scams, but I could also include some questionable choices made lately), how worried are you that the platform will reach a drop in customers such as to cause it to close?

4 REPLIES 4
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Not worried at all. 

There will always be doomsday predictions from people who can't make it work for them. 

Thanks for your opinion, Martina. And I truly hope you're right.

feed_my_eyes
Community Member

The things that freelancers are complaining about the most - scams, the boost feature, increased competition - don't affect clients. And despite people threatening to leave, there's zero danger of Upwork running out of freelancers. But they can't keep losing money forever, so I imagine that they're going to keep making changes and finding new ways to charge us more, and that will make it less viable for some people. You never know what they're going to do next, so you should always be thinking of other ways to get clients.

Thanks for sharing your opinion, Christine. I absolutely agree with you: hope for the best but prepare for the worst.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members