cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about search algo

Community Guru
Fergus M Member Since: May 23, 2015
21 of 23

The search algorithm is broken. It does not work as it should. It is faulty. It is not too advanced for us poor freelancers to understand; it is substandard rubbish.

Here is my proficiency rating from my profile:

expert.JPG

But here is what happens when I search for expert freelancers called Fergus M:

expert2.JPG

And here is what happens when I search for intermediate freelancers called Fergus M:

inter.JPG

The search tools cannot even read parameters properly. They are broken. Please fix this as a matter of urgency.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.― George Orwell
Community Guru
Ela K Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
22 of 23

Fergus M wrote

The search tools cannot even read parameters properly. They are broken. Please fix this as a matter of urgency.

I recently changed my experience level from expert to intermediate as I wanted to see if my profile views would go up. It seems I won't find out as I show up when selecting anything but intermediate (expert or no experience level)...

What I would still like to know (months after asking this the first time) is, why Sue Peterson is always listed ahead of me when searching for my exact name & expert level:

Screen Shot 2015-08-16 at 19.26.14.png

Interestingly enough, when I add one word to my search it's just me:

Screen Shot 2015-08-16 at 19.36.18.png

Community Guru
Fergus M Member Since: May 23, 2015
23 of 23

Total bonk, isn't it?

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.― George Orwell
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS