cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about the freelancer perk for rating removal

lysis10
Community Guru

(Sorry, I got 2 questions for today)

I had a contract go sour. Contract was closed on Wednesday Nov 30th. On Thurs, Dec 1st I emailed the support email to have the rating removed from JSS. According to the support documentation, it takes 7 days so I was happy to get it in before the next update. It's been 8 days and I haven't heard anything.

Sent another email this morning following up but heard nothing. I'm getting worried that it won't be removed on time even though I put in at plenty of time to have it removed before the next update.

Has it been removed but there was no confirmation email sent?

11 REPLIES 11
jmccpa
Community Guru

Jennifer,

I used my perk a few months ago and it worked.  I don't remember the exact time but it must have been within 7 days or I would have made noise.

Joe

Joseph M. C. ,P.C., CPA/ABV

@Valeria, thank you!

@Joseph, that's what I'm doing... well not raging noise. I'm starting quiet noise. lol

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jennifer,

Let me follow up with the team about your request. We'll get back to you shortly.

~ Valeria
Upwork

It didn't work for me. I asked for removal after 1 week and they were removing private feedback for 2 or 3 weeks and my top badge has gone as eligible weeks went under 13 and I had to wait for 3 months to get it back.

I mean it worked, they removed the feedback but they were too slow to remove it in time so my eligible weeks stay above 13. But you have 2 weeks and I had 1 week only.

Don't tell me that, mang!

The contract is in dispute but it was closed and everyone was rated, so hopefully that's not the problem.

Yes.

Did the same recently and they notified me when it was to occur.

It was within a 7 day period if my memory serves me correctly.

I've been chatting with people and it seems they got notice in 6 days, so I think I fell through the cracks. I think I'll be ok next update even if it didn't go through. It'll suck but I think I'll stay above 90, so I'm meh about it but I guess as long as it happens soon I can deal with it.

If I go below 90, I'll be much more vocal cuz I'll lose the Writers Pro group.

tgano
Community Guru

I am having the same issue as Jennifer....I contacted to have a project removed and I have not gotten any response even acknowleding that they recieved the request.

Mods, please look into this...this is one perk that upworks needs to keep in good working order...It is about the only perk we have of any worth.

Tracye,

I see that you submitted the request yesterday. Please, allow some time for the team to process it. I'll follow up with them additionally about it.

Thank you.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Valeria, it is not so much the timing as there has been no acknolwedegement that the email has been recieved...in the past support tickets get an auto responder....and in the past the process was fairly quick.

This is one perk that upworks really needs to stay on top of and make it work quickly.

Thank you for following up.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jennifer and Tracye,

Both your tickets have been addressed. Please, let us know if you have any further questions.

~ Valeria
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS