🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Question about unfounded milestone
Page options
lisandro19882
Community Member

Question about unfounded milestone

I am new working with fixed prices, I've been working with this client for about a month, our last agreement was that he would pay a milestone weekly, then we would switch to once a  month. He funded the first one, then I created a second milestone for the second week which he said he had trouble finding it. It's been 2 weeks now he has not approved anything or contacted me. I have sent him a message about approving the milestone or I will end the contract. As freelancer, I worry about my reputation. 

He was satisfied with the work completed. What can I do in case of bad review? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lysis10
Community Member

Alberto G wrote:

I am new working with fixed prices, I've been working with this client for about a month, our last agreement was that he would pay a milestone weekly, then we would switch to once a  month. He funded the first one, then I created a second milestone for the second week which he said he had trouble finding it. It's been 2 weeks now he has not approved anything or contacted me. I have sent him a message about approving the milestone or I will end the contract. As freelancer, I worry about my reputation. 

You have two options:

1. Let the contract sit and see if he comes back to pay

2. Close it and he has 2 weeks to rate you.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
stefaniaforbes
Community Member

I don't have an answer, I empathize with this.  Once I had a client who would not fund a milestone before.

I put up a boundary and said I could only start once he funded it, and pointed out politely that I may not be able to meet his timelines if he cannot fund it. Unfortunately, this seems to be how a small minority of people operate. 

Hopefully, you can work it out. 

lysis10
Community Member

Alberto G wrote:

You have two options:

1. Let the contract sit and see if he comes back to pay

2. Close it and he has 2 weeks to rate you.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members